TWENTY-FOUR

LUCIA finished by putting her black, high-top sneakers on and looked in the mirror.

She wore a red, v-neck bodysuit with jeans and a black belt. Smoothing herself out, she sighed and went to Lucas's room, knocking on the door.

"You ready, Luke?" She asked.

"Yup, coming!" He said through the door. "Bye baby, I'll call you later."

Lucia gagged and he opened the door, smiling at his sister.

"Talking to Yasmine?" Lucia asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because that's disgusting."

"Oh shush."

Lucia chuckled and the two said goodbye to their mother before leaving for the party.

As they got closer to Moon's house, Lucia started to bounce her leg up and down nervously.

They pulled into the driveway and Lucas got out, Lucia waiting a minute.

They went inside and when she walked in, she saw a dance-off happening in the middle of the floor, the kid Nate from Miyagi-Do doing Fortnite dances.

Lucia walked into the kitchen, knowing that's where the drinks would be and made herself a vodka lemonade, taking a sip of it.

When she turned around, she bumped into someone.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so...sorry..." The other girl apologized.

When Lucia looked up, she saw Moon.

"Moon."

"Oh. Hi." Moon said.

Lucia's hands started shaking.

"Can—can we talk?" Lucia asked.

"Ci Ci, your face. Was that from Hawk?" Moon asked, grazing over Lucia's bruise with her thumb.

Lucia's heart skipped a beat and started racing.

"Y-y-yeah. You n-never answered my question, though." She stuttered.

But then she stopped and swallowed. She had to be badass, she couldn't act this way.

"I mean, let's talk." She asserted.

Moon sighed. "Alright fine we can talk. Why did you do what you did?"

"Because you shouldn't be with Hawk. I know I made the biggest mistake and I will regret it for the rest of my life, but I promise I didn't kiss back and I would never do that to you. I love you. So much. And even if you're still with Hawk, and even if you don't want me back, I still want to be part of your life. Also, I won't be moving since my mom got a job at LaRusso auto, so more of a chance to be part of your life."

Moon pulled the girl into her arms. It felt nice to be back in Moon's arms again.

Moon then pulled away and put her hands on Lucia's shoulders.

"I still love you with all my heart. I'm not ready for a relationship with you again just yet, but all I want is for everyone to get along, and if that means letting you back into my life, then I'll welcome you with open arms. Also, I really fucking missed you."

"Moon Pearson said a swear? Never thought I'd hear that before." Lucia joked.

Moon smiled. "Can I hug you again?"

"Duh."

They hugged once more, then parted ways, Lucia going outside to find Tory playing a drinking game with some dude, winning.