TWENTY-THREE

"HERE." Tory handed her some fries

Lucia took a bite. "They're cold."

"Sorry, that's all we had left." Tory apologized and sat down. "So, what happened?"

"Hawk being an asshole is what happened. How about you, how was work?"

"That bitch Sam knocked me over and got kicked out."

"Shit. Why'd she do that?"

"I may or may not bumped into her."

Lucia smiled and shook her head, eating another french fry.

"I saw Moon run out. She must've been really upset." Tory pointed out.

"Yeah. I have no idea why she was even with that piece of shit. She deserves so much better." Lucia said.

"And you're better?" Tory raised her eyebrows.

Lucia threw a fry at her. "Fuck off."

"On a serious note, I think you're an amazing girlfriend, and I just think that you have a stupid friend who made a mistake." Tory replied.

"You're not stupid, you just let your feelings get in the way." Lucia shrugged.

"True."

They looked into each other's eyes and leaned in.

Lucia stopped and closed her eyes.

"We can't. You're with Miguel. I almost just made the same mistake you did."

Tory looked down, then back at Lucia.

"Well, Miguel went to check on Hawk when he stormed out and he mentioned that Moon was having a party tomorrow night. You should go, maybe you can make up with Moon." Tory suggested.

"No, she hates me." Lucia shook her head.

"Okay, that's dumb, that girl loves you with all her heart, she just hasn't forgiven you yet." Tory shrugged.

"I guess you're right. Maybe I'll come."

"You should. I'll text you the time."

"Alright."

Lucia sighed, not ready for this party.

🌈

After thanking Tory for walking her home, Lucia went inside and closed the door behind her.

"I'm home!" She called.

"We're in the kitchen, sweetie!" Leah called.

Lucia walked in the kitchen, confusion written on her face.

"You're home? I thought you had work until midnight?" Lucia asked.

"That's actually what I wanted to talk to you about. Take a seat."

"Okay..."

"We even waited for you. Took you long enough." Lucas rolled his eyes.

"Shut up."

"Now guys, enough. I want you to know that I will now be working at LaRusso Auto with Daniel and Amanda LaRusso. You're friends with their daughter, Sam, right Lucia?"

Lucia shook her head. "No, we're not friends, but Daniel and Amanda must be great."

"Oh. Well, I have a new job. Meaning we can stay." She smiled.

"What?"

"No way?"

"Shit, I gotta text Yasmine!"

"And I have so many people to text too. Mom, I love you!" Lucia exclaimed, hugging her mom.

"I love you more, sweetie. Cute costume, by the way."

"Thanks. It was 80's night at the roller rink." Lucia replied.

"Yeah, but what is that?" Leah pointed out a bruise on her cheek.

"Cia, did you get into a fight?" Lucas asked.

"It's nothing to worry about, I'm fine. See you guys in the morning, okay?"

Lucia then ran upstairs, able to sleep peacefully knowing this was all permanent.