THIRTEEN

THE group sat in a booth at a diner with drinks and nachos in front of them.

"So, you might be wondering what a team does after they win the championship. The answer? Victory nachos!" Aisha exclaimed into the phone.

They cheered and clanked their glasses together.

"It was supposed to be a round of drunks, but the waitress was not feeling Hawk's fake ID." Aisha told the camera.

"Hey, don't talk about that. My parents follow you." Hawk muttered.

"Sorry Mr. and Mrs. Moskowitz. Anyway, until then, no mercy bitches."

Aisha posted the video on her story and sat down beside Hawk and Demetri and on the other side was Lucia and Moon and Miguel, but he was nowhere to be found.

"I gotta say, it's nice to be at a victory party." Demetri said.

He went to take a bite of his nacho until Hawk took it out of his hand.

"Yeah, except you had nothing to do with the victory." Hawk are the nacho.

"Then I consider it a belated party for the coding competition we won at computer camp."

"Computer camp? God, you guys are such nerds." Lucia shook her head.

"Remember, Eli? Demetri and Eli, binary brothers." Demetri sang, doing a robot dance.

The girls all giggled and Hawk leaned over the table. "Hey, cool it with the nerd shit, huh?"

"Hey, where's Miguel, his wings are getting cold?" Moon said.

Hawk and Aisha went to go find the boy, leaving Moon, Lucia, and Demetri sitting at the table.

"You're worried about those wings, huh?" Lucia raised her eyebrows.

"No, I just wanted to get them away from the table." Moon smirked.

"Ooh, you're smart." Lucia smirked.

She pressed her lips against Moon and they began making out.

Lucia's hands were in Moon's hair and Moon's arms were draped around Lucia's neck, pulling her closer.

Moon arched her back, almost lying on her back.

"I'm still here!" Demetri exclaimed.

The two girls laughed at him. "Sorry, Deme."

"We'll be in the bathroom." Lucia giggled.

Lucia grabbed Moon's hand and dragged her to the to the bathroom.

They found an empty stall and Moon pushed Lucia against the door, kissing her before picking her up and pushing her against the side of the stall, continuing to make out.

🌈

Leah drove Lucia to karate the next day.

"Thanks for driving me, Mom, you really didn't have to."

"I know, sweetheart, but I was off of work today and I wanted to. Any plans later?" The woman asked.

"Um, I'm going out with Moon later, remember Mom?" Lucia reminded.

"Oh yes, that's right. I just thought we could spend time together, but that's okay."

"Sorry, Mom."

"No, don't apologize. Go and have fun with your girlfriend. But not too much fun."

Lucia giggled. "See you later, Mom."

"Bye."

Lucia got out of the car. She was surprised her mother had the day off and even more surprised that she had made it to the summer and they were still there in the Valley. Lucia expected them to be gone by now, in a new place, forgetting about everything that happened here, but surprisingly they weren't.

Lucia walked up to the dojo and saw a bunch of new people walking out of the dojo.

Lucia furrowed her eyebrows and saw that a piece of the mirror was broken and that there had been some fire involved.

"What the fuck..." Lucia muttered.

"You're late, blondie." Johnny pointed out.

"I know, but my Mom mixed up the times and—."

"Yeah, yeah, Mom, time, whatever. You're still late and I can't have that in my dojo right now. Go home. Come back tomorrow."

"What the hell?" Lucia questioned. "You're telling me I have to leave because I'm ten minutes late? That's fucking ridiculous."

"Don't talk to me that way, Parker! Get out of my dojo and come back tomorrow."

"Fine, whatever."

Lucia spun around and stormed out of the dojo and called her her brother, it taking a bit for him to answer.

"Hey, what're you doing right now?" Lucia asked.

"Saying goodbye to Yasmine before she leaves for vacation, why?"

"Of course you are."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Lucas asked.

"Nothing. I'll call you later."

She hung up the phone and sighed as she pressed Moon's contact.

The girl picked up right away. "Hello? Is everything okay, you're supposed to be at karate?"

"Yeah, well I'm not, so can you come pick me up, I'm outside of the dojo."

"On my way."

"Thank you."

Lucia hung up the phone and waited about ten minutes for Moon to arrive.

"What happened?" Moon asked as her girlfriend got in the car.

"Sensei Lawrence being an asshole." Lucia rolled her eyes.

"What did he do?"

"I don't want to talk about it."

"Okay, but you seem really upset about it and—."

"I said I don't want to fucking talk about it, Moon!" Lucia yelled.

Moon looked taken aback, surprised that Lucia would yell at her like that.

Silently, Moon started the car and pulled out of the strip mall.

Lucia looked out of the window, then sighed and looked over at Moon, a frown on her face.

"Hey. I'm really sorry for yelling at you, I'm just annoyed." Lucia apologized.

"I understand. Do you want to tell me what happened?" Moon asked again.

"He kicked me out because I was ten minutes late, which is because my Mom drove me and messed up the times." Lucia explained.

"I'm sorry, but look on the bright side, we can spend more time together.

"You're right, I guess."

"Come on, let's go."

Moon grabbed her hand and they continued to drive away.