FOURTY-SIX

LUCIA grabbed her car keys from her bedside table. Her and Moon were going to some indie concert Moon found out about.

She was walking downstairs, but stopped when she heard her mother talking on the phone.

"Kreese told you what?" Leah asked.

There was silence for a moment.

Leah sighed. "Alright. I can drop the groceries off at her house before I come into work. Now I feel bad for showing up at the poor girl's job. Lucia didn't really tell me much about Tory's home life at all."

Lucia gasped. Tory? Her mother went to her job? They're giving her groceries?

"Alright, okay. I'll talk to you soon. Bye, Amanda."

Lucia stepped out into the kitchen angrily.

"You went to her job with Amanda?" Lucia yelled.

Leah spun around. "Honey. I thought you were upstairs getting ready."

"I was, but good thing I made it down in time to hear about your little trip." Lucia folded her arms.

"Lucia, listen, it was for both you and Sam's safety. We're trying to protect you." Leah reasoned.

"No, Mom, it's called harassment! I understand you and Mrs. LaRusso just want to protect Sam and I, but please, stay away from Tory. It's only going to make it worse."

"Honey, are you saying that because you don't want to make it worse for yourself or because you still care about her?" Leah asked.

Lucia pursed her lips. "I have to go, I'm gonna be late."

Leah sighed and watched as her daughter left the house, slamming the door behind her.

🌈

Moon was jumping up and down and dancing with the music and Lucia was slightly moving.

Moon looked over at her and shook her.

"You having fun?"

"Yeah!" Lucia lied.

Moon then stopped dancing and looked her up and down. "What's wrong."

"Nothing, keep dancing!" Lucia shouted.

"Not until you tell me what's wrong! Come on, let's go."

Moon grabbed her arm and pulled her through the curtain and into the bathroom.

Lucia sat on the sick and Moon stood beside her.

"Now, what's going on?" Moon asked.

"It's...It's Tory. Now that you know, we can go back in there and have fun."

Lucia tried to hop off of the counter, but Moon pushed her back.

"Not so fast. What happened with Tory?"

Lucia sighed. "My mom and Mrs. LaRusso went to her job and threatened her and then Kreese told them about her home life and now they're bringing her groceries to help her out. I know she's gonna be pissed about it."

"So? What's wrong with all of that?"

"I don't want it to make things worse. I just want peace."

"Yeah. That and..."

"And what?"

"And you're still in love with her."

Lucia opened her mouth to say something, then snapped it shut, then opened it again.

"You sound like my mom."

Moon light put a small, dry laugh. "It's true, though. As much as I hate to say it and as much as I hate that it's true, you still love her and I think you always will."

Lucia chewed at her bottom lip and stared at the floor. Why did she have to fall in love with Tory? Why did they have to move here? Everything would've been fine if they just kept moving.

🌈

Lucia sighed as Tory opened the door.

"What do you want?" She spat.

"Look, I'm sorry my mom and Mrs. LaRusso showed up and your job and disrupted your day. If I had known they were going to do that I—."

"They got me fired, you know." Tory mentioned.

Lucia's expression darkened. "They did what?"

"Now I have to find another job. Working at the roller rink won't pay enough and I was barely getting by with that job too. I was trying to get a third job, but that's hard to do when you have a criminal record, so it's going to be near impossible to get one after this job."

Lucia was speechless. She was even more pissed off at her mother. They threatened her at work and got her fired.

"What the hell were they even thinking?" Lucia shook her head.

"You tell me." Tory replied.

"Well, I'm sorry. You didn't deserve that."

"Sorry doesn't really do anything. If you don't need anything else I suggest you leave."

"Tory."

Tory raised her eyebrows. Lucia went to say something, but couldn't with Tory's piercing, green eyes practically staring into her soul.

"I broke up with Moon." Lucia blurted.

Tory's expression didn't change.

"So?"

"Sorry, I don't know why I said that, it wasn't necessary. I'm gonna go."

"Good idea."

Tory began closing the door.

"But Tory."

Tory stopped the door halfway.

"I just wanted to say...I never stopped loving you." Lucia confessed.

She then turned and walked away, Tory slowly closing the door to her apartment.