THIRTY-ONE

"EL SERPIENTE!" Hawk said as him and Lucia entered the hospital room doorway.

Lucia giggled, then looked to see Sam standing there.

"I'm gonna go." Sam whispered.

"Okay, yeah."

Sam then walked out before being stopped by Hawk.

"You got some nerve coming here after what your boyfriend did you him." Hawk muttered to the girl.

"I don't care what you think, I just want to help." Sam replied.

"Pretty sure you've done enough, princess."

"Okay, stop, we're not here to fight, Hawk, we're here to see Miguel."

Sam looked over at Lucia and nodded, Lucia nodding back. The two went inside and Sam stood there, staring at Lucia before leaving.

🌈

"Are you sure Sam wants me here, I mean she hates me." Lucia said to Moon at the car wash.

"Don't worry about it, I already told her you'd be here and at first she was confused as to why you wanted to be here with all of the Miyagi-Do's, but she said she didn't mind as long as there was no 'funny business.'" Moon explained.

"Why would there be any funny business? What does she think I'm gonna do? Kick someone's windshield in?" Lucia rolled her eyes.

"I don't know, but please just try to get along. For me?" Moon asked.

"Only for you."

"Thank you!"

Speaking of Sam, she walked up to the girls. "Hey, Moon."

"Hey!" Moon smiled.

"Thanks for bringing out the cheerleading team, they are definitely helping to attract customers." Sam thanked.

Moon giggled at the girl.

"But I thought you were a feminist."

"Oh, I'm a sex-positive feminist. Our bodies are an expression."

Speaking of bodies, Lucia couldn't help but continue to stare at Moon the whole time and how beautiful her body was.

"And Lucia, I'm glad to see you made it." Sam looked her up and down.

She wore a red bikini, but kept her shorts on.

"Anything for Mig." Lucia replied.

Sam nodded and looked down. "You still with Tory?"

"Uh, yeah?" Lucia furrowed her eyebrows.

Moon looked down disappointedly, but Lucia didn't notice.

"Well just be careful, okay?"

"Yeah."

Sam then awkwardly walked away and Moon and Lucia went back to wiping the cars.

Lucia got a little soap on her stomach and when she looked down, she saw the patch again and swallowed, the nervousness building up in her chest again.

"What's wrong?" Moon asked.

Lucia shook her head, lying. "Nothing."

"Is it the scars?" Moon asked.

Lucia swallowed and nodded.

"I don't mean to be rude or anything, but Tory is the one who hurt you, so why are you still with her?" Moon asked.

"Because I love her." Lucia answered.

Moon's stomach turned, jealousy taking over. "Oh. That's great."

Lucia could sense the jealousy and stopped talking, the two finishing cleaning in silence.

🌈

"I feel bad. I think she was jealous." Lucia said.

"Moon? Jealous?" Tory raised her eyebrows. "I didn't think the girl had a jealous bone in her body."

"Me neither, but apparently she does." Lucia shrugged.

"You're not in love with her still, are you?" Tory asked.

"No, of course not." Lucia said, clearly lying.

"Good. You're all mine."

Lucia smiled and the two shared a kiss before opening the door to the Parker house.

When they opened the front door, they saw Lucia's dad sitting right at the kitchen table with her mother.

"Welcome home, honey." Her father, Zachary, greeted.