TWELVE

MOON gave Lucia one final kiss and before going back to her seat between Lucas and Demetri.

Johnny looked over with raised eyebrows as Lucia walked back to her spot with the other Cobra Kai's.

"Babes, am I right?" Johnny nodded.

Lucia laughed. "Yeah. Babes."

The lights went down and spotlights were shown on the announcer and they knew it was time.

Miguel and Robby stood on each side of the arena.

"The is it folks, the moment we've all been waiting for. The final match to determine who will be victor and champion. Will it be Miguel Diaz from Cobra Kai karate? Or Robby Keene unaffiliated—."

A woman with short hair and an orange dress walked up to the announcer and whispered something to him before walking away.

"Daniel LaRusso is gonna coach!" He shouted. "Robby Keene will now be fighting for Miyagi-Do karate."

Lucia looked over, seeing Sam's father standing by Robby, then looked over to Miguel.

The ref came out and Robby and Miguel stood together on the mat, bowing to the ref and then to each other.

Miguel was on offense, trying to strike Robby, who used defense and struck first, winning a point.

Miguel scored the next point, defending himself, then striking.

He won the next point as well, but he attacked Robby's injured shoulder, though that didn't matter to the other Cobra Kai's, for that they were routing for Miguel and wanted him to win no matter how he got there.

Daniel called time and Miguel went back to his side, questioning Daniel's call.

After Daniel finished talking to Robby, they got back into their fighting positions, Robby putting up defense and knocked a miguel out of bounds, then resetting.

Robby earned the next point by doing a two-legged kick.

"What the fuck was that?" Lucia shook her head.

She looked up at Moon in the stands and pointed to Robby mouthing, What the hell?

Moon just shrugged with a smile on her face, thinking that it was cool.

Robby tried to help Miguel up, but Miguel rejected his hand and attacked the shoulder again, resulting in a call for illegal contact.

The two went back to their sides and Miguel was telling Johnny about Robby's weakness.

"Look, I know we wanna win, but it's gotta be the right way. We don't have to fight dirty."

"Dirty? There's nothing dirty about winding, Sensei, you taught me that. Don't worry, I got this, Sensei, no mercy."

Miguel walked back out and so did Robby.

"You know, you may disagree, but he's right. You did say show no mercy."

"Yeah, blondie, I did, but I didn't think he'd take it this far." Johnny sighed.

Lucia wondered why Johnny was changing his mind now. Why all of the sudden? Why did he care so much about this kid?

"Whoever wins the next point will be out new champion!"

"Good luck to both of you! Ready? And fight?"

Both boys put up defense and when Robby went to kick Miguel, he caught his foot with his shoulder and attacked his shoulder once again, winning.

"Holy fuck, he one!" Lucia shouted.

They group ran to Miguel and they all did a group hug, cheering and celebrating.

Moon, Lucas, and Demetri ran down to the stands and joined in on the hug and the celebration.

"Who saw that coming? I didn't. Without further ado, let me present the trophy this years new champion, Miguel Diaz and the Cobra Kai dojo.

Miguel held up the trophy and they continued celebrating. Miguel gave a small speech and Moon pulled Lucia in for a kiss.

"I know you didn't win, but you did so good out there."

Lucia smiled and kissed her again.

"Cia." Lucas spoke up.

Lucia turned around to face her brother.

"I'm really proud of you. Maybe you didn't win this, but in my eyes, you're a champion."

Lucia smiled with tears in her eyes and hugged her brother.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

They pulled away and Demetri congratulated her, giving her a big hug before she went back to her girlfriend and held her hand.

"Hey, we're all gonna go out to celebrate if you guys wanna come." Hawk informed them.

"Sounds cool." Moon smiled.

"I'm in." Lucia shrugged.

"I actually have somewhere to be after this, but you guys have fun." Said Lucas.

"Where you off to?" Lucia asked.

"I, uh, have a date to get to, but you guys all go. It'll be nice."

"Alright, see you later." Lucia hugged her brother and he was off.

"Hey, I never got to, like, officially ask you, but will you be my girlfriend?" Moon asked.

"Hmmm, let me think about it for a moment...yes!" Lucia exclaimed.

Moon giggled and they shared another kiss, then followed their friends out.