THIRTY-NINE

"GOOD—. Oh, you're already awake?" Moon questioned as she burst into room after using the bathroom.

"Hi." She half-smiled.

Lucia had woken up just after Moon went to change and was sitting by the window playing with strands of her straight, blonde hair.

Moon sat down beside the girl. "What's wrong, lovely?"

"I don't know, I just...Moving here was a blessing and a curse. I met you, Miguel, Demetri, I guess Sam, but everyone else is just...I don't know. Hawk hates me now and Tory, she...Ugh, I just...Why does it hurt to bad to love someone? I've never ever felt like this ever. I usually don't care about these kinds of things, but now this shit is all I can think about." Lucia explained.

"It's hard. It's really hard for you right now. Gaining and losing so many people at once. And it's new for you as well. But I can promise you one thing, you can always come to me. Whether we're dating or not, come to me. For anything and everything. I love you."

"I love you too."

They leaned in, their lips just about to connect and they looked into each other's eyes before looking back down to each other's lips and kissing softly and slowly.

The two pulled away and Moon smiled. "It's time for school."

Lucia tilted her head back and groaned.

"Come on, you can do it!" Moon encouraged.

Lucia sighed and stood up, Moon following her actions.

"I already have some clothes out for you, so go change."

"Wow, you're so prepared this morning."

"Only because I love you."

Lucia smiled and kissed the girl again. "I love you too."

It was nice for Lucia to be back with someone who could make her smile with just one phrase.

🌈

Lucia and Moon walked into school hand-in-hand.

She looked over nervously as they walked by Hawk, but Moon kept her head held high and ignored him so Lucia tried doing the same.

"Good job keeping your head held high." Moon said.

"I don't...I don't know if I can do it all day. What if him and his friends come after me? Just because I couldn't be with Tory anymore? I cant...I cant live in fear every single day again. What if...What if she comes after me too? I..."

Moon grabbed Lucia's cheeks with her hands. "Look at me. Right in my eyes. You are strong, Ci, and pretty badass. You know karate, you know how to fight. You were able to fight him in the school fight, who says you can't do it again? Obviously, I don't like the violence, but from what I've seen you can fight. And as for Tory, I understand why you're afraid of her, but if she really loved you as much as you said she did, then I don't think she'd purposefully hurt you."

"Thank you."

Moon nodded and they shared another kiss before walking down the hall, bumping into Sam and Miguel.

"Hey, guys!" Moon greeted.

"Hey, Moon. Lucia." Miguel nodded.

"Hi." Sam smiled.

Lucia looked in between the two. "Don't mind me asking, but are you two...?"

"What? No." Sam shook her head.