SIX

THE next day, Moon and Lucia were walking through the halls, neither of them speaking about what happened the night before.

Moon was rambling on about something Lucia wasn't paying attention to and that's when she heard it.

"Hey, Sam."

"Hey!"

"Moon, stop." Lucia whispered.

"What?"

Lucia grabbed her arm and pulled her behind the lockers, then pointed to Miguel and Sam.

"Oh!"

"Hey, I didn't realize this was your locker."

"What a liar."

"Such BS."

"Yup, that...that's me."

"Yeah. Anyway, uh, glad I ran into you, I've been thinking about you a lot lately."

"This is so awkward." Lucia shook her head.

"Sh, it's cute!"

"I mean, not a lot, a lot, just the normal amount that someone would think about someone else."

"Are you okay?" Sam chuckled.

"Yeah, um, I mean, I was...Do you want to go out on a date with me?" Miguel asked.

"Oh. Um...Miguel, that's really sweet. I mean, I would like to, but with everything that happened with Kyler, Im taking a break from dating right now." Sam responded.

"Is that her way of saying she just doesn't want to go on a date with him?" Lucia asked.

"No, I don't think so, I think she's being honest." Moon said.

"Yeah, no, I get it."

"But I'll see you in class?"

"Yeah, perfect, okay, I'll see you in class."

Miguel began walking away, but stopped, turning around.

"Oh lord what is he doing?"

"What if it's not a date? What if it's just two people hanging out at the same place, having fun, separately, but together?" Miguel suggested.

"That sounds like a date."

"Really? It wouldn't—it wouldn't be a date." Miguel assured.

"If it's not a date, then I guess it sounds like it could be fun." She smiled.

"Great! What about tonight?"

"Pick me up at eight."

"Yeah, okay totally! Oh...wait, I have a bike."

"Uh, okay, then I'll pick you up."

"Okay, yeah!"

Miguel watched the girl walk away and Moon and Lucia came out from their hiding spot.

"Oooh, Miguel has a date!" Lucia teased.

"It's not a date!" Miguel exclaimed.

"Oh come on, that is so a date." Moon rolled her eyes.

Miguel looked over at Moon.

"Oh, I'm Moon, by the way." She introduced.

"I know who you are." Miguel replied.

"No, I know, we've just never met before, so I wanted to say hi. So, hi!" Moon cheered.

Miguel smiled and Lucia laughed.