FOURTY-SEVEN

LUCIA walked down the stairs of the LaRusso house to see Amanda and Leah chatting on the couch. Carmen must've been in the bathroom.

"I mean, I get the girl wants to take care of her family on her family on her own, but she didn't have to cause a scene at the dealership."

"Yeah, but she's troubled, Leah. I mean, in no world is what she did okay, but the girl needs help."

"I agree. Ugh, I just wish she had someone in her life to push her in the right direction and it's definitely not that asshole Kreese."

Amanda nodded and Carmen came back from the bathroom, the conversation finally over, Lucia letting out a breath of relief.

She hopped down the step. "Is dinner ready?"

Leah turned to look at her daughter and smiled. "Let's go check."

Lucia followed her mother and the two other women into the room.

"Dinner ready?" Leah asked.

"Just got done." Daniel replied.

"Kids, dinner!" Amanda called.

Sam and Miguel came down the stairs and Lucia sat down next to her mother.

"So, where's Lucas?" Carmen asked.

"Probably out with some—."

Leah gave her daughter a look and Lucia piped down.

"He is actually doing some volunteer work." Leah said.

"He's doing what?" Lucia asked.

"Yeah, your brother stepped up."

"Are you for real?"

Leah nodded to her daughter.

Lucia looked taken aback. "Alright then."

They then started talking about college and Lucia's phone kept buzzing. She was going to ignore it at first, but it kept going off, so she put her salad fork down and whipped out her phone.

It was about thirty messages from Moon and two missed calls.

"Um, I have to go to the bathroom."

She stood up from the table and rushed into the downstairs bathroom.

Lucia opened her texts and all she could see was multiple texts from Moon talking about her parents and fighting and family therapy and worst of all, Tory.

Lucia gulped and called Moon back.

"Hello?"

"What happened?"

"Um, my parents were arguing about something with therapy and then Tory somehow got my number and called me." Moon sniffed.

"She did what? What did she say to you?"

"I don't know exactly, I didn't really take notes, but she was talking about you, me, and Hawk should watch our backs and that we didn't have to worry about LaRusso because she'd take care of her at the tournament. I don't know why she's dragging me into this, just because I love you." Moon cried.

Lucia shook her head. "I'm on my way."

"Aren't you at the LaRusso's for dinner? Stay, I don't want—."

"I'm on my way." Lucia repeated before hanging up on Moon.

She walked out of the bathroom and went back into the kitchen to see wine spilled all over Mr. LaRusso and the floor.

Lucia's lips were parted in confusion.

"Is this a bad time for me to have to leave?"

Daniel shook his head. "Not at all."