NINE

THEY finished setting up the canyon and people were already showing up.

Lucia was already on her third beer by the time pretty much everyone was there.

Lucia was standing next to Hawk when he looked up towards the parking lot.

She looked over and saw Moon who was smiling and staring at everyone.

Lucia tapped Hawk. "Pretend you're laughing at something I said.

"Why?" Hawk asked.

"Just do it!" She stomped.

"Fine."

Hawk started fake laughing and Lucia did as well, taking another sip of her beer.

"Wow, you're so funny." Lucia giggled, trying to make Moon jealous.

Moon walked down to the canyon and stared at them.

"Kiss me." Lucia demanded.

"What the fuck?" Hawk furrowed his eyebrows.

"Just do it."

"No, Lucia, no. I'll help you with your whole...laughing thing, but I'm not gonna kiss you. And also, that won't even be believable, she knows you like girls." Hawk said.

"Who's she?"

"Turn around."

Lucia spun around and saw Moon standing there.

"Hello. Goodbye."

Lucia then rushed over to where the drinks were and instead of opening another beer, she made herself a vodka lemonade, downing it, then making another one.

"Whoa, slow down there."

"Go away, Moon, I don't want to talk to you."

"Look, I'm sorry for the other night, okay? I miss you and dealing with Yasmine alone is miserable." Moon apologized.

"That sounds like a you-problem." Lucia took another sip of her drink.

"You're being a total bitch right now."

"Yeah, how's your own medicine taste?" Lucia asked before walking away.

Moon bit her tongue. "You wanna play that way, fine, two can play at that game."

Moon then stormed off and found Hawk sitting on a log.

"Hey, Hawk." Moon smiled.

"Uh, hey." Hawk nodded.

"You've never kissed a girl before, have you?" She asked.

Hawk rolled his eyes and muttered, "No."

"Then let me be your first." Moon smirked.

Hawk looked over at Lucia, then back at Moon.

"Okay."

Their lips connected and they began making out.

Lucia felt as if her heart was on fire. She clenched her teeth and closed her eyes, begging her hot tears not to fall.

She downed her vodka drink and made another one. She felt if she kept drinking maybe she wouldn't care as much, so that's what she did.

That whole night, Lucia drank by herself, all alone, which was the worst idea she's ever had.

She saw Aisha, Moon, and Hawk all, so she stumbled over there. She wasn't sure why, but she couldn't resist the urge.

"What's going on over here?" She slurred.

"How many drinks have you had?" Moon asked, concerning.

"Aisha, did you hear that? Must've been the wind." Lucia said, then started laughing at herself.

"That's it, no more for you."

Aisha took her cup away and Lucia frowned.

"What the fuck!" She exclaimed.

"Alright, love, you have to calm down." Moon spoke calmly.

"And why should I listen to you." Lucia put her hands on her hips.

"You should probably take her home." Hawk whispered.

"No, I'm not going anywhere." She stumbled back, almost falling.

Moon grabbed onto her and pulled her close.

"No. No! Get off, get off me!" Lucia cried, her tears finally falling out.

"Hey, it's okay, please don't cry, it's okay." Moon assured holding onto her.

Lucia sobbed into Moon's chest, the girl stroking her hair.

"Hey! You think it's funny crashing my party?" Yasmine interrupted.

"It's not really your party 'cause we were here first" Aisha replied.

"Yeah, well, I know you and your little karate gang think you're cool, but we all remember who you really are. You're just a fugly bitch and your friends are all freaks. Come on Moon, let go of the crying bitch and let's go."

"Don't you dare talk about about her that way!" Moon exclaimed. "And I apologized to Aisha for what we did and you should too."

"Whatever. You deserve them, Moon." Yasmine scrunched her nose and pushed past Aisha.

"Yeah, that's right, walk away, slut!" Lucia spat, drunkenly.

Yasmine turned. "What did you say to me?"

Aisha stepped forward. "Let me help you to your car."

She then reached in Yasmine's pants and pulled up her panties, giving her a front wedgie, Yasmine screeching and everyone either laughing or recording.

Even Lucia stopped crying for a moment and laughed.

"No mercy, bitch!"

Once Aisha threw her down, Yasmine ran away.

Moon looked down to the girl she was holding. "Can I please take you home now?"

"O-okay." She sniffed.

"Bye guys."

"Bye."

"See you."

Moon slung Lucia's arm over her shoulder and brought her to Lucas's car.

"Give me the keys?"

Lucia tossed them to her and got into the passengers side of the car.

"Hey, Ci?" Moon asked as she got in the car.

Lucia looked over.

"Usually you'd be the one confessing things because you're drunk, but, uh, here goes nothing...I do like you. A lot, actually and everything that we did meant practically everything to me, but I just couldn't come to terms with my own sexuality. I'm not confident like you are, I was terrified, but I think it's time to say that I like girls too. And I like you."

Lucia smiled. "Fuck. The first thing I'm doing when I'm sober is kissing you."

"Okay. Sounds like a plan." Moon smiled back.

The two girls then drove home in a peaceful silence.