FOURTY-FOUR

THE next day, they were all lined up at the Miyagi-Do dojo and Daniel and Johnny stood in front of them.

"Ready, bow!"

They all bowed to their sensei's.

Daniel then spoke up. "Sensei Lawrence and I have the same goal of preparing you for the tournament."

"But we have different ways of getting you there." Johnny continued.

"We realize that teaching you opposing viewpoints at the same time can be a little confusing." Daniel said.

"So we've discussed it and come up with a solution. We're gonna divide and conquer. Eagle Fangs train out front."

"And I'll be back here with the Miyagi-Do's."

"I thought we were stronger working together?" Miguel questioned.

"We're still working together." Daniel replied.

"Just separately. On opposite ends of the dojo." Johnny clarified.

Lucia swallowed and sighed.

"All right, Eagles, follow me." Johnny ordered.

"Miyagi-Do's, come over here." Daniel motioned.

The two teams split up and Lucia followed her best friend out front.

"Fall in!" Johnny ordered.

Before he could tell them what to do, a car pulled into the drive way.

"Moon?" Lucia furrowed her eyebrows.

Moon rolled down the window and waved.

"You forgot your water at my house!" Moon called.

"At her house?" Hawk smirked.

"Shut up. We're not back together. Yet."

"Oh, and I also brought you a little snack. Carrot sticks and celery!" Moon exclaimed.

Lucia looked down, slightly embarrassed, but also grateful because she was starving, and Johnny looked over at Moon.

"Listen, Sun, you can't be here right now unless you're going to fight, so get out of here." Johnny ordered.

"Uh, Johnathan, my name is Moon."

"It's Sensei Lawrence to you!" Johnny pointed.

"Sensei, can I just go grab my things." Lucia sighed.

"Fine, whatever, but tell her we don't need any hot babes cheering us on yet. Wait for the All Valley."

"She's not cheering, but okay. And don't call her a hot babe. That's...That's weird." Lucia replied, before running up to Moon's car.

She grabbed her water bottle and Zip-block bag of snacks from Moon's hands.

"Am I embarrassing you?" Moon asked.

"It's okay. They'll only be making fun of me for like an hour." Lucia replied.

"Sorry." Moon twisted her lips.

"It's okay."

They stood there staring at each other awkwardly. They still weren't back together yet, but they were still close friends and Moon was going to wait for Lucia for however long.

"Um..." Lucia trailed off.

"I'm gonna go."

"Okay."

"Bye." Moon giggled.

She pulled out of the spot and drove away.

"Is the show over?" Johnny asked as she walked back over with a face as red as a tomato.