FIFTY-FOUR

LUCIA woke up with a headache and a sore throat.

She sat up groggily and rubbed her eyes. Demetri and Eli were on the floor with pillows and wrapped under some blankets. They were lying next to each other and Eli's head was on Demetri's chest. They were both wearing some of Lucas's old clothes that he didn't wear anymore.

"Wake up." Lucia said.

They didn't move.

"Ugh."

She grabbed one of her pillows and threw it at them.

"Wake up!"

"What the hell?" Eli groaned.

He woke up to see that he was lying on Demetri.

"Ah!"

He jumped up and Demetri slowly sat up.

"What?"

Lucia half-smiled. "You guys were cuddling."

Eli threw the pillow back at Lucia and she caught it.

"How'd you guys sleep?" Lucia asked.

"Okay." Eli shrugged.

"Actually quite well." Demetri nodded. "How about you?"

Lucia sighed. "Horrible."

"I'm sorry, Cia." Eli apologized.

"It'll get better. I promise."

"Thanks."

But Lucia had no confidence that it would get better.

🌈

Tory had woken up early that morning. It was around 7:30 and Moon was still sound asleep.

Since there was nothing for her to do, she started walking around Moon's room. She'd been up there at the party when Sam kissed Miguel and when her and Moon had sex, but didn't really get to take a look around.

The walls were a light pink color, unlike at the party when they were white.

There was bureau with a humidifier with different kinds of scents, a crystal collection, some hemp hand cream, some sage to burn, a cute lamp.

Then there was a mirror and a table with some perfumes and a makeup stand, and then there was a large table with three crowns on it. One from homecoming from Moon's freshman year. She had beaten Yasmine for the homecoming queen and Yasmine didn't talk to her for a month after that. The other two crowns were from winning first place in beauty pageants and then there were sashes from other beauty pageants and one that said Sweet Sixteen on it.

Tory smiled and picked up the homecoming crown. She remembered when she was little and she wanted to be a homecoming queen. A princess. She then frowned and put it back down when she remembered that Lucia said she wished she could make Tory a princess. Remembering that made Tory feel nothing but guilty.

She sat back down on Tory's bed and unlocked her phone. She clicked the call button and scrolled down. Her finger was over Lucia's name. She wanted to press it so bad. Should she do it?

🌈

Lucia went downstairs with Eli and Demetri to see Lucas feeding Ariana some Nutella pancakes.

Lucia rolled her eyes at them.

"Hey guys. There's some pancakes over there for you guys." Lucas said.