Chapter 6

The next morning I woke up through sunlight shining brightly in my face. I stretched and went in to my bathroom.

As I was busy brushing my teeth I recalled last nights events and smiled to myself.

Alicia is going to flip when she hears about last night.

I got ready and pulled on some black leggings, and a sweatshirt that said I love nyc, grabbed my phone and went downstairs.

Just as I went down my phone dinged, I glanced down to my phone, it was a message from Lewis, I lightly blushed.

' Hi, you up? Wanna go get breakfast? My treat '
' Sure ' I replied .

I waited for him and grabbed a apple in the bowl. "Good morning, mom" I said as I saw her approaching me.

"Ellen?" she looked at me curiously, as I looked up "Yes?" I asked.

"How was last night" she asked while putting her elbow on the table and her head in her palms.

"He took me for McDonalds and we went to a park" I said with a grin.

"That's all?" my mother asked, looking at me whit her head tilted.

"Yes mom!" I said with widened eyes, surprised at her reaction.

"So he didn't kiss you or anything?" she asked curiously.

I thought back at what happened and I slightly blushed, looking at my mother, that's when I saw her eyes.

"Ellen!" she said coming up to me and hugging me, "Oh my word, I can't believe it".

"He's gonna come get me for breakfast" I quickly said to her, her eyes lit up.

"Then you should get ready" she replied. I nodded and went to the living room and sat down next to my dad.

"Ellen, can we talk?" he asked as I nodded slowly. "I don't want to see you get hurt again all right?" he began, "What I saw was enough when Derick had hurt you" he said, while my mind wandered.

The day I got home after seeing Derick, I didn't talk to anyone for a whole month after that, I cried every night, eyes bloodshot and woke up with dark circles under my eyes, I didn't even eat, only drank water.

It was the darkest phase of my life, I had never felt so low. It was also the time I got insecure about my body, I was so thin.

I couldn't look in the mirror, all I saw was a pale, thin and lifeless person staring back at me.

Until, Alicia talked to me, I sobbed while she was holding me and talking to me, after that day, things got a little better day by day.

I looked like a human day by day, starting to eat and feel alive again.

"Please be careful, I don't want to see you hurt ever again" he begged. Tears was in my eyes by now, I hugged him saying "I promise Dad".

I released him and sat back, watching the news. When it was time for the sport bulletin, the first thing they talked about was Lewis's win and how proud they was.

That made me smile.

That's when I heard a knock on the door. "I'll get the door" my mother said. I went back to watching the news.

"Ellen" my mother said, making me turn around.

That's when I saw her with a big smile on her face and Lewis next to her, "Oh hi" I said shyly. "I'll go grab my phone in the kitchen" I said standing and walking away.

As I looked for my phone in the kitchen I heard Lewis greeting my father.

I found it and took it in my hand, and went to the living room, "We'll get going now" Lewis said, as both of us greet my parents.

When we walked to his car, he said "Since I didn't greet you in there right now, good morning" he finished with a smile.

"Good morning to you too" I replied, "Aren't you tired or something, because you had a race yesterday?" I asked chuckling.

"My body is used to it, but I'm still tired" he said, opening the door for me.

I thanked him softly and climbed in, I watched him as he walked to his side, he was wearing a black jean, blue t-shirt and white sneakers.

"Where do you wanna go?" he asked, looking at me. "Where ever you wanna go" I answered him.

"Okay, I know this restaurant 20 minutes from here" he said.

"Sounds good" I answered as he started the car, he turned on the radio and my favourite song started playing, I put the volume louder.

As I sang along to 'Cold Heart by Dua Lipa & Elton John' I didn't notice Lewis watching me, with a small smile on my face.

"Wow, you're quite the singer" he said chuckling, I felt embarrassed, I looked down at my hands "No it's nothing".

He just laughed making me laugh.

When we arrived to the restaurant, he opened the door for me again, such a gentleman. I thanked him.

When we walked in the paparazzi saw him and was taking a lot of photos, I heard things like 'hi lewis how are you?' 'who is this girl?' 'is it your girlfriend?'.

"Guys I appreciate the questions, but can I have some privacy please?" he asked them, as they obeyed him, we sat down at our table.

"What do you wanna get" he asked as I looked down at the menu, "I want waffles with ice cream" I answered with a small smile.

"You really like ice cream" he said sounding astonished.

"Yes I do" I answered. We ordered our food and made small talk, after we were done, we got ready to go.

We drove home in comfortable silence, that's what I like about Lewis, it wasn't awkward to be around him.

As we pulled up to my house I turned to Lewis, "Thanks for that" I said. "Then I guess we'll see each other in a month again" I said looking in his eyes.

"Yes, that's so damn long, it's gonna feel like forever" Lewis whined, I playfully slapped his chest and could feel his muscles.

I quickly pulled my hand away. "So then this is bye for now" I said.

"Yes i guess" he said sounding sad.

"If it'll make you feel better, come here" I said looking at his lips.

He came closer and our lips touched each other's. I'm addicted to his lips already. He smiled in the kiss as my hands pulled him closer. We both came up for air and looked in each other's eyes.

That's when I climbed out and waved to him as he drove away.

As I opened my front door all I heard was, "Ellen I wanna know everything!" my best friend said.

***
Hi? How are you?