Chapter 8

It's been two weeks since I last talked to Lewis. Tomorrow is FP1, in Hungary.

Currently I'm busy getting ready for work as I buttoned up my shirt, there's a knock on my door, "Come in" I called.

When I turned around I smiled as I saw Alicia. "Morning Allie" I said. She walked in and flopped down on my bed I had just made, "Alicia I just made the bed" I said annoyed.

"Tell me why do I get message from Dean asking me where you are" she said pointing a finger at me. "I don't know why" I lied.

"Well Dean says Lewis is looking for you" my breath hitched as she said that. "Oh" I said surprised, obviously faking.

"What happened Ellen? and weren't we suppose to go the Hungary today? Why aren't we there? Are you ignoring him?" she said.

"Idontwannaseehimanymore" I said fast. "Slower Ellen, slower" she replied. I could feel my breathing picking up and I ran to my bathroom.

I stood with my hands on the counter with my head between my arms, Ellen ran up to me, "Ellen, breath" she said rubbing my back.

I could feel myself getting dizzy and tears brimming in my eyes, "Ellen!" she yelled, "I said breath, come on breath with me" she said.

I took deep breaths in and out repeatedly for a few minutes. I sat down on the floor and Alicia did that as well.

I started talking with tears in my eyes, "I'm not good enough for him Alicia, have you seen what people has been saying, plus Fye at work said some nasty, nasty words to me, I can't take it anymore" I said basically sobbing at this point.

"Ellen" she said taking me in her arms "You're far stronger than this, you can make it through this" she said rubbing the back of my head.

"But just because all of this is happening right now, you can't ignore Lewis, he has been asking for you, he has my number and has been asking where you are, said you disappeared on him" she finished.

"He is clearly worried about you, Ellen" she said, then she stood up and helped me up.

I looked at her with red eyes, "I'm not going to work today, call Ruben for me, please" I said, she nodded and took my phone, as I went to get comfortable clothes I heard her "Ellen you should consider answering him, here's like 30 message from him" she said looking down on my phone.

"Or call him, I mean tomorrow he's gonna climb in that car, worrying about you and it probably will affect his results" she said looking at me.

I changed in to leggings, fuzzy socks and my hoodie. "Maybe I will" I said to her. I looked at the clock reading 09:50. "I texted him, he said it's fine" she said, handing me my phone.

"And I should get to work" she said hugging me and whispered in my ear, "Talk to him about it".  She went down, probably tell my parent that I'm staying home.

I heard her getting in a cab and drove away. I looked down at my phone, I don't know what the time is in Hungary, but I'm gonna call him.

I contemplated calling him for a few seconds, biting my lip. I touched the call button and put the phone to my ear, hearing it ringing. I was so close to putting it down when I heard a "Hello"

"Hi" i replied. "Ellen? Where were you?" he questioned. "Uhm...I..i..." I didn't know if I could tell him. "It's okay Ellen, tell me" he assured me.

"I've been distancing myself with you, because I've been getting a lot of hate, a lot of people saying they don't want to see me with you, I've also been getting death threats, Lewis, freaking death threats!" I said with a tear slipping down my cheek.

"Hey, Hey, Ellen, you should not let other people tell you what to do with your life, you make the decisions not them" he said, sighing.

"I know this is hard and it seems like it'll never stop, but trust me, it does." he said in a soft voice.

"It'll blow over and people will fine something new to talk about" he said, I nodded my head "I guess you're right" I answered him, feeling relieved a bit.

"It's so nice hearing your voice" I said to him. "It feels like forever" I chuckled.

"I've been feeling the same way" he replied. "So I assume you're not gonna be here this weekend?" he asked.

"No, I can't make it, I have to work, I've been taking a lot of days off, the girl at work is being nasty towards me" I said a sigh.

I heard him talking to someone else, probably one of the workers "Oh, it's fine then, you'll see me on tv then" he said sounding sad but still chuckled, "I promise the next race, I'll be there" I assured him.

"I'll hold you to it Ellen" he said, I love the way he says my name uggghh.

"I have to get going now" he said, "Team meetings before tomorrow" he explained.

"Yeah yeah sure, go do your thing" I replied. "Thanks for the call Ellen, meant a lot, I don't know how I would have got through tomorrow without talking to you about all of this" he said.

"I'm relieved I got it off my chest" I said with a smile. "Thanks for trusting me" he replied.

"Okay then I'll get going" he said, "Oh and root for me" he replied. "Of course I will Lewis, enjoy it" I said giddy.

I remember saying the same words just now, we said when we first met each other.

"Bye" he said, I greeted him as well, neither of us wanted to put the phone down, but he did first.

I smiled, that felt like a burden of my shoulders.

Maybe everything will be alright.