Chapter 14

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Ellen, happy birthday to you" I heard my mom sing as I opened my eyes and stick my head up.

I immediately put my head down, not ready for this. "Come on Ellen" my dad says.

I sit up straight and smiled at them, "Thank you guys" I said, while taking the chocolate cake from my mother's hands.

"Now go wash up, it's a long day ahead" my mother ordered with a glint in her eyes.

I look at her with a frown before narrowing my eyes. "Okay come on, get out, apparently I have to get ready" I said sarcastically while ushering them out and closing the door behind them.

I took a shower and put on my peach dress, and this cute white sandals with some jewellery, and some perfume.

I walked to my bed and stick my finger in the cake, tasting the cake, "Mhm" I hum.

I picked up my phone and saw a missed call from Alicia at 6, what? did she seriously think I was gonna answered, I chuckled while calling her back.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" she yelled, I flinched and quickly pull the phone away from my ear.

"Thank you Alicia" I replied while laughing.

"May there be many more years to come, with much more blessings, you should enjoy your day, lots ahead of you," I narrowed my eyes, my mother said the same thing.

"But go downstairs, there's something for you" she finished.

"Thank you, will I see you later?" I asked.

"Of course Ellen, I still have time for you" she replied.

We said our goodbyes and I put my phone down, walking to my door.

"Mom!" I called walking down the stairs, "Alicia said there's something fo- " I gasped putting my hands on my face covering my mouth.

"What?!" I asked while yelling.

It's Lewis, he's standing in my living room.

"Oh my" I said while walking up to him.

He had a black jean, light green buttoned up shirt with white sneakers on.

He held his arms open as I walked to him. I put my arms around his neck and felt his arms go around my waist, we stood there for a seconds, what felt like an eternity.

We pulled back, I smiled at him, "Happy birthday" he said and smiled.

I forgot what it felt like hearing his voice, I noticed the little gap between his front teeth, always forgetting it's there. (A/N: because honestly I forget that he does have a gap, and then I'm like "oh my god so pretty", yep I'm a simp for this man)

"Thank you" I thanked him, looking around at my parents, "You knew right?" I point and accusing finger at them while smiling.

"Darling," my mother began, "One of my many talents is to hide a secret" she said flipping her hair.

I laughed at her, "Yeah you're good mom" I said while looking at her.

"Well" Lewis said and I turned to him, "We'll get going" He said while offering his hand for me, "What?" I asked, "Where are we going?"

"Just you wait" Lewis answered.

My mother handed me my bag, when did she get this? What?

We walked down to his car, "This is not the same car you had last time?" I said, making it sound like a question.

"Rental" he answered as he opened the door for me.

"Why thank you sir" I said while smiling.

I climbed in and watched him walk around the front to his door. He climbed in and start the car.

"Lewis?" I said.

"Yes?" he answered, looking at me before looking back at the road.

"I didn't know you would show up at my house today" I laughed.

"Your mother actually called me right after the race, I just don't know how she got my number," he laughed. "Probably Alicia" I said and he nodded.

"She asked me if I could show up" he continued.

"And of course I said yes" he said while smiling at me.

I blushed while smiling looking at the road ahead.

The rest of the car ride was silent, suddenly Lewis put his hand on my thigh.

I gasped at the feeling, and smiled while putting my hand on his, I looked up at him seeing he's already looking at me with a smile.

"Eyes on the road, mister" I told him while chuckling.

He smiled and turned his head back, focusing on the road.

We arrived at this lake/forest place, "Wow" I breathe out as I took in the scenery. He took a hold of my hand leading me somewhere.

We walked around the bush and I could see a waterfall, I gasped at it and looked around at all the greenery.

"This is so beautiful" I said under my breath.

"C'mon" Lewis said gently pulling me.

I looked in the far distance and saw a picnic basket and blanket.

"Ta-da" Lewis said while smiling.

"Lewis this is beautiful" I said, taking in everything around me, looking up and seeing the waterfall.

I hugged him again and placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

He smiled like a shy little boy. I chuckled at him.

We sat down, I looked at him while he packed everything out, he's such an angel.

Everything looks perfect to the waterfall, the greenery around us, the lake.

"Ellen?" Lewis asked, cutting of my thoughts.

I hum, "Here's a grape" he said holding it up towards my mouth. I opened my mouth, "Mhm" I hum.

I returned the gesture by feeding him as well

We sat here making small talk, "Wanna go for a swim?" He asked nodding his head in the direction of the lake.

"B..But I don't have any clothes to wear after it" I said looking down at my dress.

"You can take it off, if you don't mind it, I don't want you to feel uncomfortable." He said.

I debated, "Fine" I smiled, "Let's do this."

***

Merry Christmas fam! this is a little surprise, enjoy your day, luv ya ❤️.