Chapter 28

Today it's race day in Spa, yes two weeks later.

Me and Lewis are doing good, I'm truly happy. After the last race my family including Alicia called me asking me if me and Lewis are dating, they were ecstatic.

Lewis asked me to join him this weekend, so here I am in the Mercedes garage watching the start of the race, Angela sitting right next to me.

Spa's always wet and today it's exceptionally wet, I think everyone watching the race prayed for a safe race for every single driver.

Lewis got off to a good start leading the Spa Grand Prix right now.

Every driver had wet tires on and for the people behind Lewis, there was a lot of spray.

Ten minutes in to the race and the rain wasn't falling as heavy anymore, everyone dived into the pits changing to intermediate tyres.

Everyone could see the drivers was struggling a bit, sliding around.

The camera was focused on Lewis and everyone could see his live speed, right now it stands at 287km/h.

Suddenly Lewis slid off and at 312km/h he went straight in to the barriers.

I felt my heart stop, my hands immediately covered my mouth, tears forming in my eyes.

I looked around the garage and every team member was on their feet with widened eyes.

I looked towards Bono, he looked distraught, "Lewis are you okay?" he asked.

No response from Lewis, I looked through my tears towards the tv, Lewis wasn't moving.

The marshalls ran towards Lewis's car. "That was a terrible crash" David Croft said.

It's as of the world stopped, everyone and everything froze.

The fans outside on the stands were all waiting in anticipation, every person on this track and every person watching it on tv at home was waiting in anticipation.

I looked towards Angela, "Get me there right now" I pointed to the tv where Lewis had crashed his car.

"Bu-"

"NO Angela I need to get to him, NOW" I said with tears running down my face, "Please" I whispered.

She nodded and we walked towards where he crashed, "Mam, you can't be here" One of the Marshalls said as we neared the car.

"Please, just let me see him" I said and looked towards Angela, she nodded her head at the Marshalls and they let us through.

I ran towards the car and bend down beside Lewis, I looked at him and up at all the cameras surrounding us. Angela made them move away.

I refocused my eyes on him and stared taking of his helmet.

"Lewis" I said softly putting my lips in a thin line.

The medical and safety car as well as an ambulance pulled up to where we were and the Marshalls lifted Lewis out of his car and carried him into the ambulance.

Angela lead me towards the ambulance, "Go, you go with him, I'll be there right now" she said.

I nodded and followed them, we entered the ambulance and off we were to the hospital.

***

An hour later and Lewis still hasn't wake up yet, but he is breathing.

The doctors said he has an concussion because of the impact he had with the barrier.

Right now I'm seated outside his room, Angela on my right side and Alicia on my left side.

I layed my head down on Alicia's chest and she rubbed my back gently.

Alicia came to the hospital immediately after she heard Lewis was in a crash.

I groaned sitting up resting my head against the wall.

They had red flagged the race after Lewis's crash because it was unsafe for anyone to race since the rain started falling heavy right after Lewis's crash.

Lewis's doctor exited his room and walked towards us, all three of us suddenly sat up straight waiting for more news.

He looked down at the papers in his hands, "So he has the concussion and we're gonna have to keep him here for the night, a few scratches but other than that he's doing good" he said as he gave one nod and walked away.

"So he's still not awake" I said slumping down in my chair and closing my eyes.

"At least the concussion is the only damage he has" Alicia said trying to cheer me up.

I nodded grateful that he didn't break something and was still able to race.

"Yeah, we're grateful for that" Angela said giving a small smile.

***

"Ellen?" I heard someone say, I groaned and opened my eyes looked down at my watch seeing that it has been 4 hours later.

I looked up to find Alicia, "Mhm?" I asked.

"He's awake"

***

Hi everyone, I know you all are probably thinking why I'm updating so much, I'm not sure if I'll have time to update this week, I mean school has been a lot and besides I'm in a space where I love my book and wants to update all the time, yeah that's about it.