Chapter 47

The ride to wherever Lewis was taking me was silent but comforting.

Suddenly he put his hand on my thigh giving it a little squeeze, I turned to look at him and he was smiling.

I giggled and looked out of the window with a red face seeing that we're busy driving on a gravel road.

Lewis suddenly spoke up, "I'm not going to kill you Ellen" he said laughing, I laugh putting my hand over his.

We arrived at the top of a hill, I looked out of the window and saw a picnic blanket and basket in front of us with the sky open, stars all around and the city down below.

Lewis climbed out and quickly came over to my side, opening the door for me and taking my hand while closing the door behind me.

He lead me to the blanket and we both sat down, "It's beautiful up here Lewis" I say staring up at the sky.

"Not as beautiful as you" he commented.

I looked down at him and smiled, my pretty man.

"When did you have the time to set this up" I asked looking in his eyes.

"Dean and Alicia had it set up for us" he said opening the basket.

I nod my head and sat closer to him because there was a chilly wind, "I bought some jackets for us" he said and quickly stood up and came back with two big puffer jackets.

I smiled at his thoughtfulness and he helped me put the jacket on.

He quickly put his on and sat down next to me as we both looked at the view in front us.

"I like this" I say looking at him, he turned my way. "I like us just like this, at peace" I say looking in his eyes.

"I love every moment with you" he say and leaned forward giving me a soft kiss on my lips and both of us smiling in the kiss.

After both of us pull away, he sat the basket down near us and took out a bottle of red wine, grapes and chocolate cake knowing that it's my favorite.

He poured us wine in the beautiful glasses and handed mine, I waited for him to pour his so we can make a toast.

I raised my glass as does he, "To us and our life together for many years to come" I say and we clink our glasses, both taking a sip.

I lay my head on his shoulder as we both just take in the view in front and above us.

"I love you" he suddenly says, "I love you too my baby" I say smiling as he took my hand in his.

"But baby, how are you really?" I ask standing up and sitting down on his lap.

He sighed and looked straight in my eyes.

"Honestly, what happened to our baby, really took a toll on me" he say tears appearing in his eyes.

I quickly wiped his eyes and place a kiss on his cheek.

"I'm here for you" I say looking in his eyes.

"I know that, Ellen. And I appreciate you being there but you can't always be strong for me, how are you baby?" he asked putting his arms around my waist.

I bit my lip, "The few weeks after all of that happened," I say knowing that I'd start sobbing if I say that my baby had died, "I couldn't get out of my bed, I felt immense guilt" I say when he spoke up.

"Why baby?" he asked, "Because I felt like I failed you and I couldn't even carry your child and you deserve only the best, I felt like I didn't deserve you" I say tears pooling in my eyes.

"You would never not be worthy of me, I feel like I don't deserve you Ellen." he say chuckling, "Hell I thank the Lord everyday for you and that he sent you along my path" he say.

I smile, "Thank you for everything my love" I say putting my forehead against his.

"Anything for you my love" he say, both of us closing our eyes.

We sat there in silence hugging each other.

After a good few minutes we fed each other grapes and cake, laughing with the stars watching us.

Hours later and I looked at Lewis' watch, seeing that it's past ten, my parents should still be up, because I still wanted to speak with them.

We packed everything up and put it in the boot then Lewis put slow music up and took my hand and lead me to in front of the car where the lights where on.

He started slow dancing with me and I smiled softly and put my head on his shoulder as we swayed to the music.

He turned me in a circle and dipped me down, I laughed and he kissed me quickly and pulled me back up.

We both laughed and stared into each other's eyes.

I kissed him and he kissed back just as passionate. We both pulled away as we wanted air.

We got back into the car and he drove back. We stopped at a robot and smiled at each other as the robot turned green Lewis looked in front of him.

Then I felt a huge impact on my side.

The car started rolling and I fell in and out of consciousness because of the car that hit my side.

The car stopped and I looked over at Lewis' side with a blurry vision, Lewis was nowhere.

I looked to my side at the door with the little energy I had and heard Lewis calling for me, struggling to open my door.

"Ellen!" he shouted, "Stay with me" he say and struggle further to open the door.

"I" I struggle to get words out as I felt sleepy.

"Ellen!" Lewis say, searching around for his phone on his side.

I was still upside down with my seat belt jammed.

I looked around for Lewis and heard him on the phone talking to someone.

I felt my eyes closing and drifted into a black nothing.