Chapter 57

It's a few months later and race day in Abu Dhabi.

Me and Lewis are doing well, since he has been travelling a lot for these last races, we haven't talked that much.

Whenever we were given a chance to at least talk, it would be the most amazing few moments of my life.

Because we are both so busy, yes we got about 2 other cafes up and running.

So yes, I'm busy with work a lot.

I've been seeing a therapist about my miscarriage and everything that came after it. So mentally I have been doing good.

Which has enabled me to communicate better with Lewis.

We moved into the new house about a month ago and it does get lonely but at least I have my parents around and Alicia.

Alicia and we do not say his name broke up. I was surprised but Alicia said that it just wasn't meant to be. I respect that.

I look to my left and Alicia is busy eating some salad. Oh and before you ask, my parents and Lewis' are in the Mercedes hospitality area, because it can get crowded in the back of the garage where Alicia and I are.

Lewis is currently in his driver's room getting ready to get into the car. A few minutes later he comes out and comes up to me.

"Hi baby" he said giving me one of his gorgeous smiles. I smile and hug him, "Hello."

"You ready for this?" I asked, knowing he told me about his nerves for the race today.

He nod and smiled, "Yes" he answered.

Then Angela appeared right behind him, she tapped his shoulder and pointed towards the car.

Signalling by that, that it's time to get into the car.

I nod my head and pull him in for a quick kiss, "You can do this baby" I whisper in his ear.

We both pull back.

He nod towards Alicia and made his way to the car. I stare as he put his earphones for the radio, his balaclava on and eventually the helmet.

He looks so beautiful, even just doing a simple action.

Then the engine roars alive and the mechanics stand back, the tyres go on and four people await the signal for the car to go out to take the blankets off.

Finally, Lewis drives out and everyone returns to their positions.

"Radio check" I heard Bono ask Lewis as Lewis drives around the track. "Check" he answers.

Then Lewis' voice comes up on the radio again.
"Bono, the balance on the car doesn't feel right" he says.

Bono answers, "Lewis don't worry about anything, enter the pit lane again please."

Lewis' car stops in front of the garage and the pit crew runs out to push to car back in.

Lewis sat still in the car and his information screens were put in front of him by Angela. Lewis was told by Bono that everything looked good to go on the computers.

Obviously Lewis trusts Bono and went with what he said. Everyone was relieved when Bono said that everything was alright with the car.

George on the other hand was ready to go racing. Carmen quickly went to the bathroom and asked us to save the seat next to me for her.

Carmen is the sweetest girl and do not get me started on her outfits. She is one of the kindest souls I know and anyone could see the love between her and George.

Everything is just so pure when it comes to Carmen. It feels good knowing you have people around you with nothing but good intentions and love.

Just then Carmen plopped down next to me, out of breath.

"I ran to get here as quickly as I could before you ask" she says out of breath while laughing.

Seconds later me and Alicia burst out laughing at Carmen. We calmed down when we heard the cars lighting the engines up again.

I was excited to say the least, both Alicia and Carmen reciprocating my excitement.

I love my girls.

Then George went out first, which everyone knows that on one weekend George exits the garage before Lewis then Lewis first the next weekend.

It's a thing between them.

Then Lewis exits and both of them exits the pit lane for the last time this year.

And wow what a year it has been. From finding the love of my love to my miscarriage to getting engaged and owning a chain of cafes and of course buying my first house.

I feel blessed and excited for what's to come. I am positive only good things are gonna come me and Lewis' way.

Speaking of engagement, we have decided that we are gonna get married after the Formula one season is done and everything has calmed down.

As of right now, it just isn't the time because we are so busy.

Lewis then makes his way to the grid where the Mercedes mechanics waits for him to push his car to the front of the grid.

Into slot number 1.

Yesterday during Qualifying, everyone was on their toes in the garage. Lewis had crossed the line, securing first place with a gap of 0.145 to Max Verstappen behind him. Everyone was happy with the result.

Everyone is confident that we could win this race, even Roscoe, who is in Lewis' driver room, taking a nap.

We all watch as the drivers start their formation lap. All of them weaving, trying to get temperature into their tyres.

Lewis rounds the last corner and moments later the driver who is twentieth slot into his grid.

The five lights go on and it's lights out and away we go for one last time this season.