Chapter 25

I went and sat down on the bed as Lewis closed the door. I bit my lip in anticipation as he grabbed the chair from the desk and sat down right in front of me.

I let out a breath, waiting for him. "Why did you leave early?" he broke the silence.

"I wasn't feeling well, so I decided to leave" I answered shrugging. "Ellen, you're lying to me" he said locking eyes with me.

I quickly looked away, rubbing my arm staring out the window, "Ellen?" he asked softly.

I hesitated looking towards him but eventually looked him straight in the eye.

"Wh...what do you want me-e to say?" I asked rubbing both my arms as if I'm getting cold with tears forming in my eyes. "I need you to tell me what's wrong" he said probably noticing the tears in my eyes.

"Was there ever something between you and Jen?"

Lewis sucked in a breath looking away. I don't know why I was on the verge of crying, I swear it felt like my heart was starting to break, and I don't know why...

A tear slipped from my eye and I wiped it off as fast as I could. I looked up at him and he's the one staring out of the window now.

I started climbing off the bed, walking towards the bathroom to get tissues, suddenly Lewis pulled me back by my wrist, placing me on his lap.

He put an arm around my waist while I sat side ways on his lap, he wiped another falling tear from my eye, "I want you to know that Jen isn't important to me anymore" he whispered.

"We had something going on about a year back and it didn't end very well" he said locking eyes with me.

I didn't know what to say I just stared at him. "Well, I don't know what to say" I said shrugging.

We stared at each other for a few moments.

"I don't know why I'm being a baby about it" I said breaking the silence. "You're not being a baby about it, you just wanted the truth" Lewis answered.

I nodded getting up from his lap, "Well, you should get some sleep" I said as I pulled the comforter off the bed.

He stood up and placed the chair back, "Yeah, I guess" he said scratching the back of his neck. He walked towards the door as I followed him.

I locked the door behind him and climbed into bed.

Was I really gonna be a baby about it? Why do I feel this way? Why?

Those were the last questions on my mind as I dozed off the sleep.

***

The next morning I'm up and getting ready for FP1 and 2.

I searched through my suitcase looking for my floral dress with little flowers on it, pairing it with my white mini bag and white sneakers.

I feel like things are gonna be awkward between me and Lewis.

Moments later there's a knock on my door, "Hey dear, let's go now" Angela said.

I opened the door, stepped outside no Lewis in sight and locked it behind me.

Me and Angela walked towards the underground parking to avoid paparazzi.

As we get near the car I saw Lewis in the passenger seat on his phone. I climbed in the back behind his seat, "Morning" he greeted and I greeted him back. Well that was Awkward.

Angela got in driving us to the track, same thing as yesterday, Lewis gets out before us.

As we walked towards the paddock I see Kym Illman, gave a big smile and waved as he took a picture of me.

A few hours later we're busy watching free practice 1 and so far Max Verstappen has topped the charts with a 0.217s gap between him and Lewis.

Free practice 1 ends and Lewis closed the gap to 0.193s, remaining second.

I watched as Lewis got out of his car, taking off his helmet and walked towards his driver's room. I stood up and went over to Bono hearing him talking about strategy and setups on the car.

After Bono was done talking a lot of the staff, including Lewis went to the meeting room to analyse all the information they got from this practice, I went and sat down on one of the chairs. I wonder where Alicia is.

Probably with Dean, most likely, I haven't been seeing her a lot lately, don't get me wrong I love seeing her happy it's just that I see her less now.

2 hours later and free practice 2 starts. Lewis topped the charts with a 0.112s gap between him and Max.

***

Later in the evening I'm in my room busy watching tv, exhausted.

I texted my parents good night already and Alicia is not answering her phone.

Sighing I put off the tv and layed down closing my eyes.