Chapter 58

I went back to hospitality to get some apple juice, quickly so I wouldn't miss anything.

The race was going quite well, but we're still on lap 20, a lot could happen.

The moment I stepped out of the doors, I was bombarded by people who wanted me to sign stuff or take a picture. I just reminded myself to stay calm.

I took the pictures and quickly went back to the garage, as I walked in, I could sense something was off.

Nothing bad is supposed to happen because this is Lewis' 8th title on the line. Just then I heard Lewis' voice come on the radio.

"Bono, I'm losing power"

I put my head in my hands and sighed, not this.

Bono then talked Lewis through things he should press on his steering wheel. Moments later Lewis' car was fine.

The relief I felt was real.

We were onto lap 50 and Lewis was about to pit and put softs on, the final stretch.

Lewis and George pitted, that was some nice double stacking.

Lewis went out onto the track and held his position which was P1.

My eyes were stuck on the TV, then the monitor and the tension in the garage was knife cutting.

Then on lap 58 as Lewis rounded the last three remaining corners, I heard David Croft on the radio.

"As we took the track, for racing in 2023 for the last time, under the lights, the lights illuminating these beasts of machines. Today, Mercedes Driver, Sir Lewis Hamilton makes history in Formula one, or should I say tonight, he is crowned, The Greatest Of All Time."

"LEWIS HAMILTON WINS THE ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX AND IS AN 8th TIME CHAMPION OF THE WORLD" David Croft yells and chills runs down my spine.

Every single Mercedes worker ran to the fence and climbed it, waving for Lewis.

I got up while wiping my tears as more tears escapes from my eyes, I hugged Alicia and Carmen and let out a breath.

Then Lewis stopped on track, oh we're getting donuts!

His car started spinning and all you could see was smoke, then Lewis stopped in front of the number 1 board and climbed out.

At this point I was fully crying because I was so so so so proud after this frustrating season.

Lewis stood on top of his car and held both his arms up, pointing up at the sky.

An 8 time world champion.

He then jumped off and went to do his interview. I excused myself and went to the hospitality area where our parents were.

The moment I arrived there I was engulfed with hugs and the tears started falling again.

"He did it" Anthony said, I nodded, "Yes he sure did," I said and laughed hugging him with tears in my eyes.

"Come on the podium ceremony is about to start," my mother says excitedly looking at the TV.

I turned around to watch, oh my good looking boy.

Moments later after the trophies, the champagne started spraying everywhere and I'm so glad that I wasn't there because hell no.

Then Lewis looked around on the ground, a sea of Mercedes and Ferrari staff.

"He's looking for you," Lewis' mother said.

Just then on TV, I saw Lewis getting off the podium, a camera following him the whole time.

He then made his way to the garage, which was almost empty, Alicia appeared on the TV and pointed behind her, which was where I was.

He smiled and ran to the hospitality deck.

Lewis appeared in front of me with a big smile.

"You did it baby!" I said and ran to him, straight into his arms.

He twirled me around and kissed me, then he whispered in my ear.

"I've gotten everything I wanted, now I just need to marry you and start our family," he said.

I nodded, "Let's go get married baby"

He hugged me tighter and put me down, walking towards his parents and soon to be in-laws.

My dad took his hand and shook it.

"What an amazing race that was"

Hours later, Lewis and I went to the hotel because we were both exhausted.

Right now we were laying in bed, "You did great today baby, I'm so so proud of you," I whisper softly while taking one of his braids out of his face.

He smiled, "Thank you so much baby, for all your support."

I smiled and laid closer to him, he wrapped his arms around me as I put my head on his chest.

"I love this, being in your arms," I said as I looked up at him. He smiled and snuggled me closer.

The most favourite time of my day is this, just being in his arms, it makes me feel secure and loved.

The next morning we woke up and got ready for the day.

We were going to go have breakfast with the whole Mercedes team and our parents, to celebrate ending the season on such a high and of course Lewis' record breaking eighth title.

God was so good, all the time.

When we arrived at the restaurant, paparazzi were everywhere. All you could hear was their camera's clicking.

I would understand that because first of all it's the whole Mercedes crew which included people like Toto and Suzie Wolff, Bono and James.

And of course the star drivers, my man and George with Carmen by his side.

As soon as we sat down, Lewis on my right and my mom on my left, there was a toast from Toto himself.

"Morning morning everyone, I'm glad we could all be here this morning but let's not forget anyone back at base, working so hard. We end this year on a high, milestones were reached and records were broken, after a lot of tough situations, we made it. Congratulations on Lewis with his title and George for claiming third in the Driver's Championship. Well done everyone and let's have some breakfast!" Toto ended.

Everyone applauded him and began eating.