Chapter 13

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping, I stretched and groaned, I opened up my eyes halfway looking at the window.

I groaned once again and reached for my phone on the nightstand.

I reached out and the phone fell, I opened my eyes to take a look as to where it fell, I reached at the foot of my nightstand and picked it up.

I sighed and layed back on my back, scrolling through my phone. I saw a message notification, I went in and saw a message from Lewis.

It read, 'Hey, sorry for only replying now. Had lots of meetings after the race, analysing data. Thank you for congratulating me.' He replied.

I checked the time he sent the message seeing it was 03:34, I nodded, that's why he said sorry.

I quickly replied, 'No sweat, hope you slept well'

I pulled the comforter off me and stood up while putting my phone down. I rubbed my face, and walked to my bathroom.

I did everything I had to do and got dressed in my uniform.

I grabbed everything I needed and downstairs I went, "Good morning" I greeted my parents and took a apple and was on my way to work.

When I got there I saw I was just in time for work, put my things at the back and went to the front counter.

***

I looked at the clock seeing it's time to go home, I collected my belongings and greeted my co-workers goodbye.

I walked outside of the building ready to walk home, when I saw my mother waving me over.

I climbed in and sighed, "Thanks mom, I'm honestly so tired" I thanked her and put my head against the headrest.

She turned to look at me, "Oh no" she said shaking her head, "We're going shopping" she finished.

I looked at her while with one eyebrow up, urging her to continue.

"Well" she said while turning the car in ignition.

"We have to buy you something nice to wear Wednesday, afterall it's your birthday" she finished, I looked at her, seems like she was hiding something.

"If you feel like it mom" I answered closing my eyes, not having energy to argue about money.

"Come on, wake up" she said after a while touching my shoulder.

I groaned and woke up, seeing we're outside the mall.

***

One hour later and we found a beautiful peach coloured flowy dress.

We walked back to the car, and drove back home. "Hello dad" I yelled, "Hello my peanut" he yelled back.

I ran up the stairs and took a shower to relax my muscles.

I sighed, damn I feel so good after that shower. I was wearing joggers and a t-shirt. When I went out the bathroom I saw Alicia sitting on my bed cross-legged.

"Hi lady who's not so single anymore" I said with a big smile walking to her with open arms.

"Hi" Alicia said shyly, stood up, hugged me and sat down back again.

"So what are you doing here?" I asked, "Not that I mind" I quickly add.

She looked at me with narrowed eyes, "You would've seen your grave if you didn't add that" she said.

I laughed, "You know what I mean Alicia" I said sitting down next to her.

"So how are things with Dean?" I asked.

"Things are good" Alicia said with red cheeks.

"But there's something I wanna talk to you about" she said taking my hands in hers.

I looked at her with a frown on my face.

"Dean actually wants me to go with him on the next race weekend" she said quickly.

"Oh" I replied, surprised.

"Look I'm not ditching you" Alicia said looking at me.

"Alicia," I began, "It's fine with me, don't feel like you're ditching me, honestly I'm happy for you" I said while smiling.

"We'll be staying in another hotel probably, but what if you get a panic attack and I'm not near?" she questioned, I felt like that was more a question to herself.

"Alicia! Stop it," I raised my voice a little, "I'll be fine, I promise" I said softly.

"I...I just wanted to talk to you about it" she stuttered.

"I'm good with everything, Alicia" I replied.

"By the way, I still feel like I'm ditching you" she laughed.

"No, no, I will be fine" I said.

***

It's a few hours later and Alicia already went home and I'm just chilling on my bed, scrolling through my phone.

My birthday is Wednesday and it's Monday today. My mom is going all out for me, I know she means well but I don't like all of the extra stuff.

I'm honestly good with a small gathering, just me, my parents, and Alicia, maybe Dean.

I chuckled at the thought of those two, I'm so happy for them.

Alicia deserved every ounce of happiness that's coming her way, she's always been there for me, now it's my time to support her.

I wonder what Lewis is doing right now...

I put my phone down on the nightstand to charge, and layed down, getting comfortable.

Soon I fell in a deep sleep.

***

Hi! I know this chapter is short, but I had to put something out here for you guys. Anyway... Merry Christmas eve, enjoy it with you family and lots of love ❤️.