Chapter 15

I stood up just as Lewis whooped and jumped in the water, "The water is nice!" he yelled.

I put my hair up in a messy bun and took off my jewelry put it on the blanket.

I started taking my dress off, thankful that I wore my black matching silk undergarments.

I could feel Lewis's eyes on me, I pulled the dress over my head and looked up at him.

He was already looking at me, as if he's admiring me.

I felt shy as I walked up to him, I started feeling insecure as I felt his eyes on my body and started covering my body with my arms.

"Don't cover your body from me, you're beautiful" he said softly.

I got in the water and took a swim, adjusting to the cold but cool water. I went underwater, when I came back up for air, Lewis was gone.

"Lewis?" I asked, questionably while looking around searching for him.

Suddenly something grabbed my ankle, I screamed and saw that it was Lewis when he came up for air.

I splashed him with the water, "Don't do that" I said while laughing, "Almost gave me a heart attack."

He pulled me by my wrist towards him and put his arms around my waist, naturally I put my hands around his neck, twisting his hair around my finger.

"Sorry, I just had to do it" he said with a playful grin on his face.

I laughed, "I thought something was in the water."

He looked deeply into my eyes, "I missed you" he breathed out.

"And I missed you too" I said, holding eye contact with him.

He leaned forward and placed his forehead against mine.

Everything was so calm, peaceful around us, the water, the forest. Everything was perfect.

His lips ghosted mine and then he softly placed his lips on mine. Our mouths worked together as if they were made for each other, like it was meant to be. The butterflies was awake in my tummy.

We pulled back for air and just stared at each other, with adoration in out eyes.

He smiled and went in for another kiss.

***

"That was nice" I said as we walked back to the picnic blanket.

We swam for another hour perhaps, splashing each other and playing games in the water.

"So nice" he sighed while laying down on his back.

I did the same and layed back on the blanket.

"How's your day so far?" Lewis asked breaking the silence.

I smiled, "So good, it's nice seeing you" I said turning my head at him.

He nodded, "Come on, let's get going" he said while standing up and packing everything back in the basket.

I muttered a quick okay and helped him with everything.

We got dressed and walked back to his car, he opened to door for me, went over to his side and started the car, and drove off.

I took in all the scenery around us, I rolled my window down, sticking my arm out with the wind blowing in my face, smiling at the feeling of pure bliss.

***

We parked in front of my house when Lewis suddenly said, "I'll be back in an hour, I'll go get ready."

I looked at him questionably, "What? Why?" I questioned.

"I'm taking you out for dinner, you honestly didn't take I was going to just leave it here?" he asked while chuckling.

I smiled at him and hopped out of the car, walking up the driveway, I waved at him as he drove away.

"Happy birthday bestie" Alicia screamed the moment I stepped foot in the house.

She ran up to me and hugged me, "Thanks Alicia, but I can't breathe" I said choking.

"Oh, sorry" she said shyly and pulled back.

"I got you a little something, it's in your room" she said with excitement.

"Last time you said that, Lewis was in my living room" I said pointing a finger at her.

"Oh, come on" she said ushering me up the stairs.

We both walked up the stairs with her making squealing sounds behind me.

We entered my room and I saw a big box on my bed with a big red ribbon.

I turned to look at her, "What's this Alicia?" I asked, "You should not be spending your money on expensive things" I scolded her.

"Ellen" she said taking me face between her hands, "You only have one birthday a year, so let's make that one special" she said, "And don't you worry about my money" she said.

I put on a flimsy smile, knowing that she went out of her way for what ever was in that box, and I don't want her wasting money on something that is potentially expensive.

"Come on, first thing" she said, "Go shower now Ellen" she ordered.

"B...But I wanted to-" I said pointing at the box.

"And you will" she said grabbing my shoulders, "No go Ellen get in that shower!" she yelled.

I took a shower, washed my hair and after I was done moisturized my skin.

I walked out in a towel and stopped in front of her, "Happy?" I asked sarcastically.

"Very" she replied giving me and equally sarcastic reply, oh how I love this girl.

"Now you get to open this" she said putting the box in front of me.

"You sure here is not a scary thing in here?" I asked cautiously.

She tilted her head, "Seriously?" she asked.

"Stop being such a child" she groaned, "And open the thing."

I took the box in my hands, and opened it.

I gasped, "No I can't accept this" I breathed out.