Chapter 24

"He's in there" Angela said as she led me to the driver's room.

She quickly opened the door telling Lewis that I'm here. She waved me over and urged me to go in, then she walked away.

"Ellen?" Lewis asked softly. I slipped in and glanced around the room, it consisted of a small black table in the corner and some reflexes things they used and a small couch where Lewis sat.

"Uhm, I know I said we were going to have breakfast here, sorry had to do some interviews quickly" Lewis said standing up.

"O...oh no no it's fine, I had tea with Jen and Alicia" I smiled.

He looked taken back, "You know Jen?"

I smiled with a frown on my face, "Ye...yeah?"

"Oh" he quickly said as if covering something up. "We can go for that breakfast now," he glanced down at his watch, "We have about ten minutes then I have more interviews."

We quickly went out and to the cafeteria where I saw Jen and Alicia still talking. Me and Lewis sat down at a table near them and I caught Jen looking at Lewis, I frowned at that.

"What's with the frown?" Lewis asked playfully, "Oh no nothing" I chuckled uncomfortable.

We both ordered bacon, toast and eggs with some juice.

Moments later our food arrived and Jen bought the bill after we were done.

"Here you go" she said looking at Lewis sadly. "Thank you" Lewis said avoiding her eyes.

I looked at the table and quickly picked my phone up messaging Alicia, 'Has Jen said anything about Lewis?'

She quickly replied after looking over at me, 'No but it seems like she's avoiding his name'

I put my phone down and stared at them, did something happen between them?

Is there something I don't know?

Lewis glanced at me and I quickly put on a small smile...why do I feel this way?

Lewis convinced me to let him pay..."Lewis, I'll quickly go to Alicia, uhm...you should head to your interview, there's Angela" I pointed to her, Lewis stood up wanting to give me a hug.

I backed away, "Oh no,no you should go" I smiled nervously.

I turned to walk away, when Lewis suddenly grabbed my wrist and pulled me away from Jen and Alicia.

I looked up at him, having nothing to say.

"What's wrong?" he asked gently touching my chin.

"It's nothing" I replied glancing away from his eyes. "Ellen look at me" Lewis said.

I forced my head and looked at him again with my arms crossed.

"Tell me what's wr..." Lewis got interrupted by Angela, "Lewis, you'll be late for your interviews" Angela said and looked down at her phone.

"I'll see you later" he said and walked away.

I walked over to Alicia and grabbed her arm, pulling her out of the hospitality area and walked down the paddock.

"Did you notice something there?" I asked while looking at Ferrari's Hospitality Area.

"Yeah, something did seem off" Alicia answered.

"Well I wanna go to the hotel, I'm exhausted" I said looking at Alicia.

She quickly whipped her head to me, "What?" She yelled, "Lewis isn't done yet!"

"I know, I know" I said patting her hand. "I...it's just... I'm developing feelings for this man and there obviously was something between them and I just feel like I shouldn't be here" I said turning around.

"I'm gonna go Alicia" I said as I waved and walked towards the gates. I greeted the security guard with a small smile and waved for a cab.

I told the guy the address and we arrived there quickly, paid and got out.

Walking into the hotel I greeted the staff and pulled out my phone, in the elevator.

I checked the time and it read 13:27.

The elevator dinged and I went to my room, locked the door and took a nice bath.

I layed down on the bed feeling fresh and dozed off to sleep.

***

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing, "Hello" I said groggily while pulling the blanket off me.

"Lewis was worried sick Ellen" I could make out Alicia's voice.

"Huh? You? What?"

"Check the time please" she said and hung up, I was completely confused.

23:45 !

Oh my gosh did I really sleep that long. I stood up and walked towards the tv and called for food.

Minutes later my food arrived, spaghetti and a glass of red whine.

I turned on the tv and started getting lost in my thoughts.

I couldn't believe I was in the Mercedes hospitality area today, it's like a dream come true.
It doesn't feel real in any way, even that I'm here with Lewis.

Oh wait, Lewis.

I sighed, "I wonder what happened between them"

Minutes later I was done eating and scrolled through my phone messaging my parents that I was okay and they shouldn't worry too much.

I layed my back down against a pillow and sat with my legs crossed.

Suddenly I heard a knock on the door. I pulled the blanket off me and walked towards the door, I looked down at my outfit, pink matching silk PJs I got from my mom.

I opened the door and saw Lewis, everything that occurred today came flooding back, "Oh...Hi"

He put on a small smile, "I want to talk to you about today" he spoke softly.

I opened the door for him, "Come in."

***

Happy Valentine's day my loves. ❤️