Chapter 54

"Hello?" I ask as I pick my phone up, just then the flight attendant put my tea down, I nod my head with a smile her way, saying thank you.

"Hi, you on your way to Italy?" I hear my love's voice over the phone, I smile, "Yes, we'll be there in a few hours" I say glancing at Sasha and her son.

I gulp and quickly avert my eyes towards the window. "Well, be safe and text me when you're there" he say and we quickly say our goodbyes and hang up.

"Was that Lewis?" Sasha asked as I put the cup of tea to my lips, I nod, "Yes" I answer, she smiles and nods then gives Eli a jelly candy.

I smile as the scene in front of me and quickly look out of the window when Sasha catches me staring.

"One day Ellen" I hear her voice as I continue to stare out of the window, tears pricking my eyes.

Then I sniffed and immediately hears shuffling coming from where Sasha is seated. Suddenly I feel arms around my shoulders.

Knowing it's Sasha, I put my hand on her arm and my tears starts falling. "You'll be alright Ellen, it'll all come to you and Lewis in time" Sasha whispers as she takes a seat in front of me and hold my one hand.

I quickly nod and swallowed this lump in my throat, harsly wiping my tears away. "Yeah I know" I manage to get out.

"Everything in time" Sasha say and hugs me. Her words kept repeating in my head, we both pulled back. I gave her a small smile and looked out of the window again.

I then stood up and went to the bathroom. I checked my eyes and used tissue to wipe my nose, since we're going to Italy and it's a moderately cloudy day I chose this to wear, seeing that we'll be returning to England at the end of the day and tomorrow we'll be going to Texas.

Making my way out of the bathroom, I sat down and took out my laptop to do some work, till the end of this flight

A few hours later we stepped off the plane and had to collect our luggage, when we arrived in the airport, there was people standing there with cardboards with my name on. To be honest I was shocked, I didn't expect people to be here and that for me.

I smiled and waved at them, going towards them and quickly signing some of their stuff, I heard a lot of questions on Lewis but kept signing stuff.

Then I waved goodbye to them after collecting our luggage, thanking them for being here. We got into the car, then Sasha pulled out the paperwork of this place and read all the information for me again.

Moments later we arrived the place and to say it's beautiful is an understatement.

From outside it had this beautiful nude but yellowish kind of colour brick, with a red door, and a big board where we could maybe put the name of the place.

The realtor who had met us there opened the door and asked us to take the first step inside. What a kind man.

I looked around, spacious? Yes. I could see the potential of the place, I took it all in.

The place has black tiles and this red walls that had me stunned. The ceiling was the colour of the brick outside. Then I walked to where the counter was. Black and grey marble counter tops. Oh my, my.

Sasha dissappeared into where I assumed the kitchen was, Eli was sitting at the table busy on his iPad.

I followed through where Sasha was, and the kitchen was amazing and so big.

"Is there an office here?" I asked Sasha, she smiled and led my out of the kitchen and just outside the kitchen, down the hall was another door.

"Open it" she said, gesturing towards the door.

I smiled and opened the door, it looks even better than my office back home. "Open the curtains" Sasha says, I looked back at her with narrowed eyes before turning around to open the curtains.

When I opened it, there was this stunning view of more buildings around us and I was staring at it for a few moments before hearing Sasha's voice, "And?" she asked, I could hear the smile on her face.

"This is amazing" I say turning around, with a big smile.

"So?" she asked smirking, "Are we buying this one?" she asked with hopeful eyes.

"Well we better start adjusting our menu" I say smiling.

Then she started jumping and pulled me in for a hug. "Okay okay" she laughed and pulled back.

"We have to get the paperwork rolling" she says, I nod, just then my phone rings. I quickly answer it and Sasha slipped out of the office.

"Hi baby" Lewis' voice came through, "Hi" I said shyly. I turned around and stared at the view.

"I saw how pretty you looked at the airport" he say, "Thank you my love," I answer. "So, how's it going, does everything look good?" he asked.

I nod my head, "Yeah, everything looks great here" I say smiling, "Well I'm happy" he says, "Are you gonna buy it?" he asks.

I bit my lip, "Yes" I smile while answering him, "Congrats my love I'm so proud of you" he say.

"Thank you but I'll tell you all about the place when we see each other tonight" I say, "But you better not fall asleep on me" Lewis says laughing.

I started laughing, "I won't, I promise" I say, after that we both said our goodbyes.

We spoke with the realtor and he said we'd get the ball rolling. Then we made our way to the airport, after a very long flight, we finally made it home.

Lewis said he'd pick me up. When I said my goodbyes to Sasha, I walked to the parking lot and saw Lewis' car.

I quickly slipped in, smiled at him, and pecked his lips. "You can sleep so long, I'll get you home safe" he says and kisses my hand. Then I closed my eyes, knowing I'm safe with him.

***

Hi, WE'RE BACK IN SINGAPORE 😁