Chapter 26

Today's Quali day.

Practice 3 is already done, P1 Max...

Me and Lewis seems to be avoiding each other. Right now I'm sitting in the cafeteria scrolling through my phone.

Jen is busy behind the counter serving people occasionally glancing in my direction. I sipped my tea glancing around the room, everyone looks like they're in their own little bubble.

Alicia texted me back early this morning saying that she isn't gonna come to the track because she and Dean's gonna hit the town, shopping.

I placed my tea down seeing Jen walking towards me, I quickly glanced down to my outfit, black flowy dress, black mini bag and my brown sandals.

"Hey" she said fidgeting with her hands, "Hi" I greeted feeling the tension.

"Uhm..." she paused, "I-I just wanted to say me and Lewis are just friends and I don't want to stand in the way of anything" she finished.

"I appreciate you talking to me, but did Lewis tell you to speak to me?" I asked genuinely interested.

She took a sharp breath and looked behind her. I shook my head, standing up grabbing my bag.

I rushed out of the before she could call me back. I practically rushed down the paddock just wanting to get out of here. All of a sudden I bumped in to someone, "Sorry" I apologised looking up at the person.

In the flesh Daniel Ricciardo.

"Hey," he smiled, "Calm down" he said putting his hands on my shoulders.

Seconds later I apologised again walking my way, "Are you sure you're okay?" he asked from behind me. I turned around nodded and walked on.

"Wait!" he said jogging up to me. "Come with me" he said when he saw tears in my eyes.

A few minutes of walking we arrived at McLaren. He led me in, introducing me to a few people. He sat down next to me in the garage telling me a few jokes, "Shouldn't you suit up for quali?" I asked smiling.

He nodded, "I'll go now but before I go, do you mind telling me your name?" he smiled.

"Ellen"

"And you of course know who I am" he jokes, "Pretty name" he said standing up, "See you in a few minutes" he said walking away.

I watched quali from their garage, Danny made it in to Q1 and ended P7, Lewis P2.

Moments later Danny walks in with a big smile on his face.

"Good job out there" I congratulate him smiling.

He nodded, "Thanks."

And hour later and everyone went to the meeting room to work out possible strategy for tomorrow's race.

I exited their garage and walked down the paddock, ready to go back to the hotel.

I know that Lewis and the team are gonna stay up until midnight in meetings.

Waving down a cab, I finally arrived at the hotel.

I went ahead took a nice, relaxing shower. I layed down on my bed when suddenly an article popped up on my Google News.

LEWIS HAMILTON F1 DRIVER, POSSIBLE GIRLFRIEND???

With a picture attached of me walking next to him smiling.

Should have expected it.

I wonder what Lewis is thinking of this, he's probably not on his phone. And why on earth would he send Jen to talk to me, he could have done it.

I need my best friend, I sighed sadly.

I rang her number with it going straight to voicemail.

Later on in the evening I ordered some food because I was starving.

Food arrived in 10 minutes and I stared eating as if I last ate 2 months ago.

After I was done I brushed my teeth, so ready for sleep.

Suddenly the was a knock on my door. I opened the door and Lewis stood outside, looking tired, wearing black sweatpants with a black jacket.

"I don't want us avoiding each other like this" he said softly.

He walked in and pinned me to the wall with both his hands on either side of my head.

My heart rate staring picking up and my breathing starting picking up as well.

I stared in to his eyes, he started closing the distance between us.

Our lips locked and we kissed passionately, he pulled my closer by my waist, using his tongue asking for permission I couldn't fight it and gave him permission.

We have never kissed his feverishly ever, probably because we haven't seen each other much.

He groaned in the kiss sending tingles all over my body, making my legs weak.

We both eventually had to break the kiss for air, I looked at his lips, proud because of how red it looked.

"Be mine"