Chapter 12

I stood in the kitchen waiting for the water to be done so I can make my tea.

Last night, I slept the best I have in two days.
I smiled at the playful side of Lewis I have come across last night.

"Ooh, she's smiling yep, definitely" I suddenly look up and saw my mom and dad looking at me with grins on their faces.

"Oh, come on mom" I groaned walking to the kettle that just finished.

"What?" she asked with a smirk, "We're just stating the facts" she said while smiling.

I put in the tea bag and my sugar, water and started to stir it then my mother came and stood next to me.

She put a hand on my shoulder, "You okay now?" she asked, I stopped and looked at her, "Yeah mom I'm fine now."

She nod her head and clapped her hands once, "So what are you doing for your birthday?" she asked excited.

"Mom" I groaned, "My birthday isn't for another 3 days" I looked at her with an annoyed face.

"Plus I'll probably do nothing" I said while walking away from her.

"But honey, you can't do nothing" she said following me and raising her voice a little bit.

I turned around, "Mom in all honesty, I'm fine with doing nothing" I said while putting my hand on her shoulder and squeezing it.

"Dad come get your wife!" I screamed and quickly walked up the stairs to my room.

***

I finished my tea and went in the shower, I got out and put on grey sweatpants and a thrifted Nike sweatshirt.

My phone dinged just as I got out and was drying my hair with a towel. I walked to my nightstand and picked my phone up.

'Ellen, he asked me to be his girlfriend' Alicia texted.

The towel fell out of my hand and my hands went to my mouth to cover it.

'Alicia stop, shut the hell up' I texted her back while I sat down on my bed and folded my legs.

'No Ellen, I'm not lying, it happened while we we're having dessert' she said.

'Oh my god, I'm so happy for you Alicia, you deserve this' I said while smiling.

'But I didn't say yes'

'Alicia, what the heck? why not?' I said my smiling instantly dropping.

'I wanted to hear your thoughts on it' she texted.

'What? My thoughts? Seriously?' I texted while huffing.

'Yes' she replied.

'Alicia, go for it, text him and say yes, goddamn you deserve to be happy' I said.

'But what about you' she texted.

I rolled my eyes, 'Bro, do NOT care about me, this is about you, I vote go for it' I smiled at her words.

'Okay, I'll text him now' she said.

'Yes, go!' I said and put my phone down.

***

"Ellen!" my mother called waking me up.

I looked at the time, 12:45

I groaned and stretched, I stood up and walked with my eyes closed.

When I got to the stairs I used to railing to walk down, eyes still closed.

I eventually opened my eyes, "Come eat lunch" my mother said in the kitchen.

I looked at her with an annoyed face, did she seriously wake me up for this, I could've eaten later.

But I'm still thankful, I fetched my food and sat down next to my dad on the couch.

He was watching the race, Lewis was up infront with a 3.217 gap between him and Max.

Honestly I'm bummed I missed the start.

I finished my food and washed my plate, sat down next to my dad again, watching the race.

"What the heck" I yelled when Mercedes had a slow pit stop with Valtteri

I calmed down and watched with my mouth shut the whole time.

"Yes, oh my god, YES!" I screamed when Lewis crossed the finish line.

"HE WON!" I yelled once again, I saw him climbing out of his car and making fist in the air.

He looked so attractive in that racing suit.

I smiled when I saw him talking to Jenson Button at the post-race interview.

I laughed when he and Valtteri sprayed each other with the champagne, Max along with them.

I had to congratulate him.

I stood up and stopped when I was at the end of the stairs, "Okay parents if you'll excuse me now" I said and running up the stairs.

***

I closed the door behind me quickly and flopped down on my bed, seeing a message on it.

'I think I'm in a official relationship now?' Alicia texted.

'Honestly so happy for you' I texted her back.

I rolled onto my back and messaged Lewis.

'Hi, congrats on the win today, you did a great job, enjoy it' I texted and put my phone down.

I went downstairs and enjoyed the rest of Sunday with my parents by talking, laughing and playing cards.

"Ellen!" my mother called from the kitchen.

I put the cards down in my hands, "Dad you better not look at my cards" I said with narrowed eyes and pointing a finger at my cards.

He laughed, "Sure I will not look at it"

I walked away with a smile on my face, I entered the kitchen, "Are you sure you don't want to do anything for your birthday?" my mother asked.

"Mom are we really going back on this now?" I asked annoyed. She looked at me with a questionable look ln her face.

"Oh well," she put her hands up, "I tried" she finished with a sad look.

Oh yeah, she's definitely tryna guilt trip me.

I looked at her with my lips in a thin line, "Fine, do it...but nothing big" I finished seeing a smile grow on her face.

"Bye mom, see you in the morning" I said walking up the stairs, "Dad, I'm tired... we'll finish the game tomorrow"

I immediately fell asleep the moment I layed down on that bed.

***

Hi! I've seen Mercs has decided not to appeal, I believe they are staying with their principles and values, with fighting on the track, I honestly wanted them to appeal, but at the end of the day it's their call. And I respect that Much love <3.