Chapter 40

"Any minute later and your baby would have been gone" I hear the doctor say as I looked down at my hands.

That was the only thing my mind could register, he had said some things before it but I wasn't listening.

The moment he exit the door I closed my eyes and a tear rolled down my cheek. Despite me being relieved that my baby was okay, it couldn't surpass the feeling of emptiness.

The feeling of your baby's father not wanting to be a part of their live.

I laugh at the thought, how silly of me to think that he would want to be present, remembering that night we talked about having kids.

I looked around the room, so empty, no life in this room.

I rest my hand on my belly, I closed my eyes once again, I was going to go give this child their best life, even if I have to do it alone.

Suddenly someone barged into the room, "Ellen" the voice say.

I opened my eyes and locked eyed with the father of my baby. I shook my head and turned around, my back facing him.

"Get out" I plead, "I don't want to see anyone, please" I say sounding tired.

"Ellen" he say once again, touching my back.

I flinched back as if his touch was hurting me, "Please do not touch me" I whisper with tears in my eyes.

"Ellen, please at least listen to what I have to say," he say his voice sounding distressed.

"Start talking" I say not turning around.

"I-I... I'm just scared Ellen."

I immediately turn around feeling angry, "And you think I'm not?!" I say rasing my voice.

"Lewis, I'm scared as well, you're a celebrity and with that comes a lot of negativity, there's gonna be so many obstacles in our way going forward, it's not always gonna be happy times, but despite all of that I'm not gonna leave this baby, I'll do it alone if I have to" I say looking up in his eyes, seeing tears.

"And you're right Ellen," he pauses, "The reason I left is because everything was feeling so overwhelming and I promised myself if I ever were to become a dad I want to be present in that child's life, every second of the day...a-and with racing I can't" he say.

"Lewis, I knew the moment I found out I'm pregnant that you wouldn't always be there, I knew that and I'm fine with that, one way or another we're gonna make this work" I say with tears in my eyes.

He nodded, "I'll do everything in my power to be there for you as much as possible."

I nodded, "And besides I'm excited to have this baby" I smile.

He smile, "May I hug you?" he ask, I nod and he leaned in closer.

We both relax in the hug, the comfort of each other's arms.

***

Today it's four months later and Lewis is in England this weekend before heading out to work again.

I've been taking things slow at the cafe. I already asked Sasha to manage everything once I'm away on maternity leave.

Right now I'm in my office, my belly is growing and the journey has been amazing besides the morning sickness of course.

Then I heard a dog barking, I head out of my office to the front of the cafe.

There stood Roscoe busy licking something on the floor and Lewis laughing behind him.

I smiled at the scene and went on my knees, "Hey Roscoe!" I say as he run towards me.

"Hi boy" I say changing my voice and smiled as he licked my cheek.

He sat directly on my lap in front of my belly, Lewis hasn't seen me in four months, which means he hasn't seen my belly.

I noticed there was paparazzi outside, I didn't want the public to know that I'm pregnant so, us three slipped into my office.

I rubbed Roscoe on the ground and he rolled over, "Auuww, who's a cute boy" he barked back as if answering my question, "Yes it's you" I say standing as Roscoe went to lay in his corner on his dog bed in my office.

"Hi baby" I say as I hugged Lewis, "What was that I want a kiss" Lewis whined.

I peck his lips and pulled back, all of a sudden he grabbed me by my neck and went in for a deeper kiss.

I smiled and pulled away.

I was wearing black dr. Martens, a black ankle length skirt and a big black puffy jacket with a black long sleeve shirt since it was cold outside.

"Come on let me see the bump" he exclaimed.

I smiled and pull the zip down and looked up at him.

I could see the adoration and love in his eyes as he looked down at my belly, I smiled and took his hand placing it on my belly.

He then went down on his knees and held his head against my belly.

"Hi baby, it's daddy and I love you already" he whisper as he rubbed my belly.

I smiled at the scene in front of me, lot's of love in my eyes.

He stood up and hugged me again, "What's this for?" I ask mumbling into his neck.

"For carrying my child and looking after the baby so good" he whisper and pulled back, kissing my forehead.

I rested my forehead against his and put my hands around his neck.

"And I'll do it all over again, for you baby" I say closing my eyes.

We both pulled back and stare into each other's eyes.

"I love you" I whisper at him for the first time.

His eyes slightly widened, "I love you" he say and pulled me in for a quick peck.

"You know I heard you that one night" I say holding his hands in mine.

"Yeah, I know" he smirk, "How?" I ask shocked.

"I can tell when you're fully asleep, but you weren't" he smile.

I smile and kissed him again.

Suddenly Roscoe barked and I jumped a little.

"Seems like someone's jealous" Lewis laugh.

***

Thank you so much for 7k, much appreciated 💜.