Chapter 45

Three Months Later

"Ellen!" my mother yelled from downstairs.

I quickly put on my coat and black boots and grab my car keys and phone.

"Lewis just got pole!" she yell excitedly as I took a step into the living room.

I smile and watch as he got out of his car and went up to his box to get his cap and wipe off the sweat.

I knew he could do it.

It was quali in Mexico and Lewis snatched pole from Max with a gap of 0.63s.

"So Lewis what can you tell us about the car out there today?" Martin Brundle ask.

Lewis nod and sucked in a breath, "The car was tricky out there today," he say wiping sweat of his face, "But we got the job done and we put the car on pole" he smile.

"And what do you expect for tomorrow's race?" Martin ask, "Well we'll try to get the most out of the car tomorrow" he say.

"Thank you Lewis" Martin say and Lewis gave him a quick smile and walked towards where Angela stood. Then both of them disappeared through the doors and the pre quali show went on.

"Okay then," I say clapping my hands, "I have to get to work" I smile and headed towards the door.

When I arrived at the cafe, it was busy and Sasha was running around like a chicken without a head.

I quickly put my stuff down and grabbed a apron, quickly tying it around my waist.

Hours later and I saw down with feet that ached. "Sasha, I appreciate and applaud you for your hard work" I say resting my head on the table.

She giggled, "You do get use to it" then her phone rang. "Hi, mhm, yes okay, thank you" then she hang up.

I looked up at her, "That's my baby's school, I'm late and have to go pick him up" she say standing up walking over to the counter colleting her things.

She waved and out of the door she was.

I put my head down and let it rest on my arm, the way Sasha said my baby made my heart ache.

Tears start to form in my eyes, and I lay my hand on my flat tummy and perched my eyes closed while sobbing.

The ache is still there, everyday there's something new that triggers it. I'm still learning to cope with it, Lewis too.

Then I remember the ring on my finger and lift my left hand up glancing at it. It's the most stunning ring I've ever seen.

I was going to be Lewis' wife, I smile. At least there's something I'm looking forward to.

Then I stood up at wiped all the tables and sweeped the floors, then only when I looked up I saw how dark it had gotten already, suddenly my phone rang.

I walked over to it and picked up seeing its Lewis.

"Hi baby" I say putting the phone to my ear and putting the broom against the counter.

"Lewis?" I ask again after a few minutes of silence, "Baby?" I asked, then I hear sniffling sounds.

"Lewis? Talk to me" I asked concerned, then he started sobbing into the phone, tears forming in my eyes, he sounded broken.

"Baby, it's okay, we're gonna be okay, my love" I say trying to comfort him.

For some time Lewis had called me crying at night, broken over our baby.

"Ellen" he choked out, "I need you" he sob.

I bit my lip with tears falling down my cheeks, "Baby, I'm so sorry I can't be there" I say.

"It hurts, it hurts so much" his voice crack.

"I know baby, I know trust me, but it will get better, someday" I say trying to be strong for him.

We sat in silence on the call, me trying to comfort him by telling him to listen to my voice.

"I love you baby" Lewis say.

"And I love you my love" I say smiling slightly.

"Goodluck with the race okay? We'll see each other tomorrow night, okay?" I say waiting on his response.

"Yes baby, thank you and I mean thank you for being there when I need you, you mean so much to me and I couldn't have asked for a better partner" Lewis say softly.

I smile, "Anything for you my love."

"I thank the Lord everyday that you were the person I ran into that day on the track" Lewis say with a small chuckle.

I giggle, "Yeah that's very embarrassing"

"Bye baby" he say softly.

"Bye baby" I say and hang up.

I turned to look at the clock on the wall, past midnight. I hope he gets some sleep.

I collect my things and lock up before climbing in my car and driving home with only a few street lights on.

Soft music playing in the background, with a ton of things running through my mind.

How is this moving out process going to be? I mean I've been living with my parents for all my life and now I'm getting married.

I sigh when thinking about everything as I park my car in my parents' driveway.

I quietly unlock the front door, lock it behind me and softly walk up the stairs.

I close my bedroom door behind me and quickly took a shower. When I get out I put on some comfy clothes and climbed into bed.

After putting my phone on charge I put on the tv wanting to watch some Netflix.

I scroll through it and I put on this show. After probably an hour of watching my eyes started drooping.

I put the tv off and pull the covers up and closed my eyes, hoping that Lewis is gonna be fine and safe tomorrow.

***

Hi!