Distracting ~ NR

Warnings: Swearing, fluff, teasing, not full smut

————————————————————

Recently, you had broken your ankle on a mission. You definitely weren't pleased about it and scolded everyone that brought it up. You were a goddamn assassin so wasn't meant to be injured or get injured. Plus, you hated all the pity everyone gave you, so much in fact you just told everyone to treat you like normal, obviously being wary of your injury just not a huge amount.

Now, the whole team were doing group training. You hated the fact you couldn't join them, so grabbed a book and decided to sit in the gym as they trained.

Although, you read hardly any of your book as you couldn't take your eyes of Natasha. Your beautiful red headed girlfriend, who you smirked at every time she glanced over. She was very distracting when you wanted to read.

Natasha was very protective of you, especially since you broke your ankle, so wasn't very keen of the idea of you being in the gym when everyone was training. However, you were too stubborn and did what you wanted anyway.

"Okay, we're going to pair up. Tony and Clint, Wanda and Peter, Bucky and Sam, Natasha you're with me." Steve informed everyone as they each went off with each other.

"Pick up your jaw." Tony almost shouted at you, letting the whole team know that you were staring at Natasha.

"She can't help the fact her girlfriend is beyond hot." Sam defended you but you sent him a glare.

"Watch your mouth Sam. I may have a broken ankle but I bet i could still beat the shit out of you." You snapped, watching as he took a few steps back, the whole team laughing at his reaction.

"Come on everyone, get to it." Steve shouted, trying to keep everyone focused on the task he had given.

"Have you read any of your book at all? Or just drooling over your girl?" Tony teased, chuckling as you flipped him off.

"At least I got Natasha, unlike you dipshits whose whole life mission was to sleep with her." You countered, smirking at Stark who nodded his head in defeat.

"Please Steve. There must be some sort of training I can do." You moaned, tired of everyone teasing you and bored of your book. You had grown restless.

"I suppose you could do some knife throwing, or practise your shooting." Steve shrugged, understanding your need to be involved.

If you weren't on a mission, you were either with Natasha, the group or training. Almost every night, around 2am, Steve would find you shooting a gun. It was the main thing that helped you clear your mind. And since you're injury, you haven't been able to do that once, so Steve, being your best friend, understood your needs.

"No." Natasha deadpanned, shutting down the idea quickly.

"Come on Tasha, it's not like I can get injured again." You pleaded but she shook her head.

"You never know what could happen, and I don't want you getting hurt again." Natasha explained and you nodded your head. To be honest, you would probably be acting the same if roles were reversed.

"Fine. I guess it's not like I don't have a good view anyway." You winked at her, making her smirk at you.

In the end, you totally forgot about your book. You never took your eyes off of her. Watching as she defeated Steve (a fricking super soldier) with ease.

At one point, Steve had asked the team to gather round, he wanted to do a mini tournament. He started with himself and Natasha. All weapons allowed.