Graduation ~ NR

Warnings: Swearing, menstruation, infertility

————————————————————

You had just started hit the worst day of the month. Your first day of your period. You were gay af so you hated the fact your body still had to tell you that you weren't pregnant. But that's how the body works. And you hated it.

You had left your girlfriend Natasha on your bed, with your movie paused as you were in the bathroom. You haven't been dating Natasha long, three months maybe? But you were friends before.

"Hey tasha? Do you have any spare pads or tampons in your bathroom, i've ran out and i don't have enough time to go to the shop." You called out to Natasha from the bathroom.

"Uh no sorry." She awkwardly mumbled back.

"Not any in your bag from your last period? I'm kinda desperate here." You called out.

"Um no, I don't get my period." She admitted.

"What?... Hang on I found one!" You announced before joining her on the bed again.

"I can't believe you don't get your period, your so lucky. I didn't know you were on the pill." You sighed, laying beside her.

"No, i'm not on the pill." She admitted and you furrowed your eyebrows.

"Implant?"

"No."

"Sorry, i shouldn't be prying, you don't have to tell me." You went to go press play but she put her hand on yours to stop you.

"I want to tell you." Natasha mumbled, and you nodded, sitting up straight as you could tell it was serious and you wanted to show her that she had your full attention. She always found it hard to open up.

"In the red room, when us agents have successfully past a series of physical and mental tests..." She began, quietly at first.

"We receive involuntary hysterectomies. Which removes our ability to have children and completely eliminating our menstrual cycle. They thought it made us more loyal and better killers. They saw it as a weakness. It's efficient. One less thing to worry about." Natasha muttered, playing with her hands in her lap uncomfortably as she did.

"I'm so sorry, tasha." You took her hands in yours and she looked up at you, your eyes meeting. You knew that this must be hard for her, she used to talk about how she wanted a family of her own, however you just thought it was because of the jobs you had. But the tears swelling in her eyes proved it.

"Listen, I know i didn't experience it myself, and I could never imagine going through what you did. But i'm here for you. I'm here to make your life the best it can be moving on. To give you better memories that outcast the bad ones, like this. I'm gonna treat you how you deserve and love you with my whole being, okay?" You told her and she smiled, nodding her head.

"We can still have a family when this is all over and can still live a great life, away from all this mess. I promise you that." You assured her and she nodded.

"Thank you, baby." She smiled and leaned into your side. You held her close, knowing how vulnerable she was at this minute.

You didn't press play on the film. You didn't need to, you both stayed in a comfortable silence, holding eachother close and thinking about what the other had said.

Natasha had told you a lot of the stuff she went through during her time in the red room but never told you that. And you have never felt worse. Huge life choices taken away from her. No one deserves that.

(A/N) This is short but cute i think. Keep dropping those requests! Also ik it's late (in my time anyway) so this is a late boxing day update yay!