Snow! ~ SJ

Warnings: Swearing

————————————————————

Scarlett stirred awake as the sunlight beamed down on her face. It was mid january so very cold, meaning she was completely entangled in the duvet. Though when she moved her arm to instinctively wrap around you, she found your side of the bed empty.

She sat up, her eyes still half closed as she tried to listen for any sign of you being in the house. Scarlett rubbed her eyes, which is what caused her to notice your presence in the arm chair you had in the corner of the room.

You hadn't noticed that she was awake yet, instead stared out the window, in your own wondering mind. Scarlett smiled as she looked at you wrapped up in her hoodie, slippers on, and your knees to your chest. She could tell you were cold. Scarlett glanced to the side to look at her alarm clock, reading: 7:19am.

"You're up early." She groaned, lifting her hands in the air to stretch, yet instantly retracting them back under the covers as the cold air hit her.

"It's snowing." You beamed, glancing at her briefly before keeping your attention outside once more.

"It is?" Scarlett got up and sauntered over to you tiredly. She held her hand out for you to take it, which you did on instinct, and she pulled
you to stand up.

You frowned her at as she sat down where you were sat, but all she did was smirk before she pulled you onto her lap. You rested your head on her shoulder, enjoying the warmth she provided.

"Isn't it beautiful?" You asked Scarlett and she nodded. It was your favourite thing when it snowed. You loved it, something about the world seeming so clean and empty in a way, though it still brought joy.

"It is." Scarlett replied as she kissed the top of your head, her hands snaking around your waist to pull you closer.

"Want to go out there?" You sat up a little so you were face to face with her, you were like a child waiting to go play out in the snow, and how could Scarlett say no when you looked so happy and excited?

"Yeah, let's do it." She smiled before you both got up and dressed appropriately for the cold.

You practically dragged Scarlett outside to the front lawn where the snow was inches deep. You couldn't help yourself, you just stood there, arms spread out then fell backward to lay in the snow. It was magical. The white snow surrounding you as you looked up at the clear blue skies.

Scarlett just watched you with a smile. She loved seeing you so happy. You eventually stood up again, sneakily holding a snow ball, ready to throw at her.

"As much as I love your outfit right now, I think it's missing just a little-" You cut yourself off as you threw the snowball at Scarlett, almost collapsing into a pit of laughter at her shocked face. She stood there for a second to take in what had happened then immediately bent down to create her own, much larger, snowball.

"Two can play that game." She said before throwing the snowball in your direction, causing it to hit your face directly.

"You did not." You gasped as you rapidly tried to wipe away the cold snow.

"Oh, I did. You started this war." She smirked, which lead to the both of you in a snowball fight.

It was filled with threats, laughter, bribing, competition and complete chaos. You don't think you've ever laughed so much in your life. It was one of the best moments you've ever had.

"Stop!" You shouted through laughter as she threw yet another gigantic snowball at you. As you bent down to grab a handful of snow, moulding it into a ball, Scarlett made her way behind a tree, waiting for the right time to attack.

Scarlett pops out from behind the tree and you waste no time at throwing the ball directly at her face, with such force that she actually falls backwards.

"Shit. Are you okay?" You slowly walk over to her as you're practically having a laughing fit. She tried to keep a straight face and not laugh along with you.

When you get no response, you offer your hand for her to take and for you to help her up but a wave of even more coldness hits you as she pulls you into the snow. Of course she would do that.

You go to protest but your voice gets muffled as she pushed your head into the snow for a brief moment as payback. While you're occupied in sorting yourself out and getting up again, Scarlett runs away, attempting to make more snowballs as she did so.

You forget about the snow and snowballs and just chase her, eventually catching up to her and rugby tackling her to the ground. Both of you unable to control your laughter.

You lay on top of her, from the position of you pushing her to the ground and you both lock eyes. All the joking around, the laughter the chasing each other was long forgotten as you both savoured the moment.

You pulled down the scarf that covered her nose and mouth and wasted no time in connecting your lips. Both yours and her lips were ice cold but neither of you cared as your lips moved in sync with each other.

At one point, Scarlett flips you over so that's she's on top and you continue your little make out session until your both out of breath and way to cold.

"Thank you. This was amazing." You smiled as you looked up at her.

"Of course, my love." Scarlett smiled back, connecting your lips once more before she helped you up.

"How about we have breakfast and hot chocolate?" Scarlett took your hand as you both headed back inside.

"Sounds good." You hun in response as you both make your way inside, the warm air hitting you like a truck.

It was the best morning you could ever have wished for, and you were so grateful to have Scarlett as your wife that you couldn't help but smile like an idiot for the rest of the day.

(A/N) I loved writing this chapter icl :)