I Know. ~ NR

Warnings: Swearing, Toxic relationship again lol

————————————————————

You and Natasha. A relationship that in reality should never had happened. But no matter what, you found yourselves drawn together. It was toxic, everyone could see, even the two of you.

Though you decided to date anyway, knowing neither of you were ready. Regular hook ups and flirting did lead you both to catch feelings, but it didn't mean either of you were ready for a relationship.

But at the same time, you couldn't stay away from each other. No matter what you did, who you saw to get your mind of the other, or where you went to get as far away as possible.

You found out a while ago that Natasha had slept with another girl, multiple times. And, instead of saying anything about it, you decided to do the same, unbeknownst to the fact that she too found out.

You both knew that the other was cheating, you just had no clue that they knew. Get it?

Now, you were currently having an argument. What caused it? God knows, but it wasn't unusual for the two of you to be fighting, it lead to angry sex almost every time though, which the team didn't really appreciate.

"You're fucking crazy,  go cry to your other hoes then." She snapped, turning away from you.

"Maybe I will, they treat me so much better." You huffed back, taking a seat on the edge of the bed. You hated arguing, and so did Natasha, but it was a cycle that you always found yourselves in.

It was quiet for a few minutes. Neither of you wanted to say anything, you didn't want to make it worse. She knew you've fucked someone else, other than sorry (which she didn't really deserve as she was doing the same to you) you didn't know what to say.

"I have loved you for many years, maybe I am just not enough." Natasha made her way to stand in front of you, still acting innocent.

"You've made me realise my deepest fear, by lying and tearing us up." She huffed as she looked down at you, you didn't look back. You were annoyed she was acting like the victim when she had done the same to you.

"You say i'm crazy, cause you don't think I know what you've done." You finally looked at her, admitting you knew what she had done too.

"When, you call me baby, I know i'm not the only one." You stood up now, standing face to face with each other. Natasha didn't reply, instead looked at you as if she was figuring out what to say.

"It was like one time." She muttered, knowing you've caught her out.

"Likewise." You muttered back, both of you holding eye contact.

"That doesn't mean it meant anything, Y/n." Natasha tried convincing you, and your cursed at yourself when you felt the need to forgive her.

"I only did it when I found out about you." You admitted, you were both talking a lot quieter now, almost at a whisper.

You were only inches apart. You didn't have the energy to continue any more arguments so you took a step back, Natasha's eyes following you.

"Goodnight, Natasha." You muttered before leaving the room.

—————

It had been a few months. You and Natasha had finally broke up a couple days after your argument. You knew it wasn't right to continue your relationship.

You and the team were eating dinner, Wanda had made some of her Sokovian dishes which everyone inhaled. It was the best night of the week when Wanda cooked.

You took a while to eat though; you and Steve had just finished training so you were tired. And Natasha walked in halfway through, having had to sort out her mission files.

Eventually, everyone had finished and cleared up their plates and left you both to go watch a movie. Which meant it was just you and Natasha alone.

Neither of you said anything. You hadn't really spoken since the break up. Maybe the team even left you alone to provoke something to happen.

You were just about to finish your meal when Natasha actually spoke up.

"Now and then I think of when we were together." She commented casually, keeping her eyes on her plate in front of her.

"Like when you said you felt so happy you could die?" You sarcastically added, to which Natasha smirked.

"Told myself that you were right for me, but felt so lonely in your company." Natasha ignored your comment, taking another bite of her food.

"But that was love and it's an ache I still remember." You scoffed, leaving the table to put your now empty plate in the dishwasher.

"Well, you can get addicted to a certain type of sadness." Natasha countered as her body brushed past yours to get to the dishwasher too.

"When we found that we would not make sense, well you said that we could still be friends, but i'll admit that i was glad that we were over." You explained, leaning against the kitchen counter as she looked at you.

"But you didn't have to cut me off. Make it out like it never happened and we that we were nothing." Natasha half snapped, admitting her feelings on how you ended.

"You've done the same. I don't even need your love, you treat me like a stranger and that feels so rough." You scoffed but Natasha shook her head. You clearly both still had feelings for her and now you were both denying it.

Natasha didn't say anything, instead turned to leave  and join the others, leaving you alone. She didn't want this to end up in another argument like always.

"Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over." You spoke up, loud enough for her to hear and stop in her tracks.

"You always had me believing it was something that i'd done." Natasha defended herself at the accusation.

"I don't wanna live that way." You mumbled, you regretted your time together, but also missed it deeply.

How can you love someone so much yet treat them so horribly? Something neither of you could ever understand.

(A/N) I hate this one icl but oh well. Hope you enjoyyyyy