New Memories ~ NR

Warnings: Swearing

————————————————————
You and Natasha have been dating a while now, and one of your traditions is a weekly date night. This has been going on for ages so it's quite hard to come up with a unique new idea when it your turn to choose, though this week, the best idea came to mind.

You and Natasha grew up in the red room together and reunited not long before the battle of New York. Helping the Avengers with the fight actually helped to to become an Avenger.

Recently the team had conversations about their childhood, it's mostly consisted of Steve saying how much life had changed, or how Tony threw too many parties, and you and Natasha sat in silence. Smiling at the cute stories and interacting when needs be, but deep down you were both a little upset you never got to live through that.

That whole conversation got you thinking back on what life for Natasha and you was actually like in the red room and the conversations you had. Which mostly consisted of the ideas you had if you weren't trapped.

One conversation between the 13 year old versions of the two of, you remembered vividly. Natasha had told you she would die to go to a fair and try all the rides, and stuff her face with candy floss or she would love to make chocolate chip cookies and create the biggest ice cream sundae. Or go watch a movie and stuff her face with popcorn and fizzy drinks. Which all sounded a bit simple now, but to the mind of two small teenagers who had been through hell, it sounded like heaven.

So that's exactly what you did. You went to the shop and bought as many ingredients as you possibly could to make the best ice cream sundae, you then booked tickets to see the new James Bond film as you know how much Nat loves the franchise and finally you were going to top it off by going to the fair and going on all the rides before ending the night one the ferris wheel, just the two of you.

And finally, date night came. You sat impatiently as you waited for Natasha to get ready. She was extra curious since the date was starting earlier than usual but that's because you had to fit everything in in one night, so refused to answer any questions she had. Once she was ready, you lead her to the kitchen where you had laid out all the ingredients.

"What's all this?" She inspected the marshmallows and chocolate chip cookie dough and the abundance of sprinkles.

"We never got a good childhood and we always dreamed of the amazing things we could do when we spent our time in the red room," You began explaining as you took Natasha's hands.

"So, i thought, it's better late than never right? Therefore to start our evening, we are going to make the best ice cream sundaes we have ever made." You announced with a cheer and Natasha chuckled with a smile.

"You remember." She muttered before grabbing a bowl and immediately starting to make her sundae.

You both spent about half an hour if not more making the best ice creams you could, secretly having a competition between the both of you.

"Done!" You shouted after you added the literal cherry on top. You smiled as you saw Natasha's concentrated face as she perfected her ice cream.

"You know you're gonna eat it right? So you just gonna ruin how it looks?" You teased, nudging her lightly, laughing as she side eyes you.

"It's not my fault mine looks better." She smirked as she stepped away from her bowl. And not to your surprise her ice cream looked delicious, and now yours looked totally shit compared to hers.

"Okay, okay, yours may look better but it doesn't mean it will taste better." You mumbled as you brought your ice cream to the coffee table, Natasha following you with a smirk.