What If You Are? ~ NR

Warnings: Swearing

Set after catws but the fall of shield didn't happen ig? Idk how to explain it tbh
————————————————————

"Just letting you know, all of us except you and Nat are going on a mission so it'll be just you too." Steve pokes his head into the lounge where you were sat.

"Fuck sake, why can't i go? Or why can't she go?" You huffed. You and Natasha have a weird relationship. You weren't dating, in fact it seemed like you hated each other but you both flirted randomly at parties and other events, then hated each other again.

"You are still recovering from the mission with Wanda, and Fury has said that Natasha has to finish her mission reports." Steve explained. You weren't totally bummed that you had to stay here with Natasha, you've kind of had feelings for her for a while. Something you didn't know was that she also had feeling for you, the one thing that stopped you both from admitting them, is that you thought you hated each other.

"I'm not recovering in fine!" You shouted at him as he left.

"Not my decision!" He shouted back before you heard the elevator door close. You sighed before getting up and heading to the kitchen, at least there was only two of you.

It was quite late and you hadn't eaten so you decided to make food, something easy. So you chose pasta. Though you got interrupted when Natasha walked in, on her phone, and sat on the kitchen island. She didn't say a word, completely ignoring you, so you just continued to cook.

"What are you making?" Natasha bluntly asked, filling the silence.

"Pasta." You responded equally as bluntly, not turning to look at her.

"Okay." Natasha replied, before you heard the sound of her phone being put down and the kitchen tv turning on.

"Do you want some?" You sighed, feeling a little guilty to which she nodded as you turned around.

"Uh please, if your offering." She shrugged, a small smirk on her lips.

You shook your head, with a small laugh and continued to cook the pasta, eventually dishing it up and putting it on the kitchen table, each plate opposite each other so you could both watch the tv.

"It's ready." You told Nat, sitting down to eat, before she joined you.

"Thank you." Natasha gave you a small smile as she sat down before you both turned your attention to the tv.

Not a word was spoken as you both ate, but somehow you felt your eyes drift to her side profile. Natasha really was beautiful, her sharp jawline, the way her straight her sat perfectly on her shoulders, the way her eyes shone and lips curled into a slight smile when the tv made a joke.

"Don't look at me like that." Natasha turned her head to look at you and you immediately dropped your gaze to your food, attempting to hide the redness of your cheeks.

"Like what?" You half mumbled, looking back up at her, a smirk evident on her face.

"Like you think i'm beautiful or something." She teased, taking another forkful of pasta.

"What if you are?" You replied, her eyes immediately darting to yours.

"What?" There was a shimmer of hope in her eyes which you didn't seem to notice.

"Or something like that." You backtracked, regretting what you said, now feeling slightly embarrassed.

Natasha just smiled, you didn't notice, and said nothing. Pretending her attention was back on the tv, in reality her heart was racing and her mind was trying to find something suitable for her to reply with. Normally she'd have some sort of flirty comment but your words had some weird effect on her.

Though, her not saying anything caused you to worry. Were you stupid for saying that? Does she now think you're a creep? You mind jumped to multiple conclusions which made you nervous so the minute you finished your food, you put your dishes away leaving Natasha alone.

She sensed that she made you feel a little shit for the comment so as you walked past her to leave, she grabbed your wrist.

"So you're gonna make a comment like that and dip?" Natasha stood up to face you, her hand never letting go of your wrist.

"Well yeah, kinda." You replied, looking down at the skin contact, blushing as you saw the goosebumps that trailed up your arm.

"Do I make you nervous?" Natasha smirked, tracing a finger up your arm, causing you to suck in a breath. Natasha felt a whole new level of confidence around you now that she knew how you felt.

"All that time pretending we hated each other was just wasted time of us actually doing something." She almost whispering as if she didn't want anyone to here, even though the team were out.

"Stop teasing me Nat, I know I made a comment and I shouldn't have, stop making fun of me." You pulled your arm away and turned to leave, but got stuck in your track as Natasha grabbed your waist.

"I'm not joking, detka." She spoke softly, wanting you to believe her.

"So all this time neither of us actually hated each other?" You asked her, trying to understand.

"I guess so, unless you do actually hate me." Natasha smiled to which you actually smiled back.

"No, i can't hate you." You admitted, both of you looking into each other's eyes. Her grip tightened around your waist and your arms travelled around her neck.

"I've wanted this for so long." She told you, letting out a breath she didn't realise she had been holding.

"Just kiss me already." You told her and within seconds your lips collided.

It was euphoric. Something the both of you have been craving for for months and it's finally happening. Neither of you could stop the smiles that interrupted your kiss every now and then.

It eventually turned into a whole make out session. You were now sat on the kitchen counter with Natasha standing between your legs.

"What the fuck have i walked into." Sam said interrupting.

"The fuck sam! Why are you here?" Natasha shot at him, as you jumped off the counter.

"I was just gonna see if Steve was here." He defended himself, holding his hands up in surrender at the two death stares he received.

"He's on a mission." You told him to which he nodded.

"I'll leave you two too it then." He backed away out the room and within seconds you and Natasha were pressed against each other.

"Is there any possibility that I could join?" Sam stepped in again, ruining the mood once more.

"Sam!"
"Get out!"

"Just shooting a shot." He mumbled before getting in the elevator.

"Finally." You mumbled, your arms draped around Natasha's neck, her hands rested on your hips.

"We have a while until the others are back, movie?" You looked up at Natasha who smiled and nodded.

"Sam's gonna go run his mouth so there's no point in hiding what's happened." Natasha mumbled grumpily as you both walked into the lounge.

"Is that such a bad thing?" You turned and looked at her. And for once you both looked at each other like it meant something.

Neither of you had to pretend anymore.

(A/N) Okayyyyy i really like this one and I just had to add sam in there yk lol. Alsooo i've got covid for the SECOND time (what are the odds) so there may be a few extra updates as i have nothing else to do other than rewatch s1 of euphoria:)