Innocent? ~ NR

Warnings: Swearing, murder, court trial?

————————————————————
They were about to call you to the courtroom. You're about to go to trial for murder. Murder. Obviously, you're an avenger so you could say it's part of your job sometimes, but this wasn't work related. Yet the team still came to support you.

You're completely innocent and had done nothing wrong, in fact, you had tried to save the person who died. However, it was your word against the killers.

"I now call Y/n  Y/l/n to the courtroom." You hear the judge say as the cop who was guarding you, removed your hand cuffs and you joined your lawyer, standing next to him. You sat down when the judge said and looked behind you to see your girlfriend Natasha, you best friends Steve and Wanda and the rest of the team.

"Y/n  Y/l/n you are on tried for the murder of Jacob Dunworth." They judge tells you and you nod.

"Will we be taking your plead at this time?" She says and you stand up.

"Yes, your honour." You nod and she gestures for you to continue.

"I plead not guilty." You confirm before sitting down again.

Your lawyer went through all evidence and supported your case until it was the opposite defence teams side (a man called ethan) to share.

Then once you both had finished, the jury was sent to decide, giving you some time to talk to the team.

"I'm so scared." You whisper as you hug Natasha.

"It's okay, they'll believe you." She tries to assure you, yet you could hear the uncertainty in her voice.

"You've got this kid, and if they do send you in, i'll find a way to get you out." Tony patted your back with a smile.

"You won't go to prison. I bet they'll believe you." Wanda smiled and you nodded.

Steve, however didn't say anything except you'll
you into a hug,

"Can everyone be seated." The judge called out to everyone and you all sat down.

"The jury has made a decision." The judge began as she opened an envelope, you and your lawyer and the opposite team stood up.

"Y/n Y/l/n, you are charged with murder in the first degree. If convicted, the maximum sentence would be the death penalty." The judge concluded and you gasped, falling into your chair.

"Honor, she's innocent!" You heard Natasha shout from behind you.

"She's innocent!" Wanda repeated as everyone whispered among themselves.

You didn't know what to do or think. You felt tears roll down your cheeks. This is what you got for tryna help? You shook your head. You had a family and Natasha and the team. You couldn't leave them, never in a million years.

"It was him! You know it was you!" You stood up and pointed to ethan.

"No."  he shook his head.

"It was and you know it. You shot him. Then ran when you saw me." You shouted, pushing your lawyer out the way as he tried to sit you down.

However, you could tell that ethan seemed angry and confused as you accused him.

"You shot him straight in the heart and took his life. Whether you go to prison or not, you have to live with that." You spat, hearing the pleads of Steve and Tony trying to get you to sit down.

"Y/n, I suggest you stop now, before anything else happens." The judge warned you and you nodded, never taking your eyes off ethan.

"Yellow tape around his body, a fucking homocide." You mumbled to yourself, and shot your head up when Ethan finally snapped.

"I didn't mean to!" He shouted, not realising what he had done.

"His family is traumatised." You scoffed standing up once more.

"I didn't even mean to shoot him, he caught me by surprise." He tried to defend himself.

"You reloaded your pistol, cocked it back and shot him twice!" You shouted, wanting everyone to know the truth.

"His body dropped to the floor, he had teardrops in his eyes. He grabbed me by the hand and said he was afraid to die, so i told him it's too late my friend it's time to say goodbye." You explained to everyone, people chattering and gasping as they heard his confession and your story.

"It was an accident!" Ethan shouted, now angry at you.

"He got inside my arms, blood all on my shirt. Then you ran and called the police and told them it was me. But you know i am not guilty, and it was you not me. You just confessed what you did in front of everybody. " You smirked as some cops cuffed him up and dragged him out the room.

Everyone on the team jumped and hugged you, cheering and celebrating. Two minutes ago you received the death penalty, now you're walking away innocent.

"You did it!" Nat laughed as she kissed you.

"Of course. I can't leave you"

(A/N) I'm not sure how i feel about this but here you go.