Kitchen Dancing ~ SJ

Okay this is one of my favourite Scarlett songs of all time and i really suggest listening to it if you haven't, it's also going to be mentioned in this chapter!

Warnings: Maybe swearing, mostly cute fluff.

(British Y/n)
————————————————————

"Dinners in the oven!" You shouted out as you danced to your music, shouting to Scarlett thinking she was in the lounge.

You were currently listening to mamma Mia 2, one of your favourite film soundtrack, not realising Scarlett standing in the doorway.

She smiled as she watched you dance, sneaking a little video as she did. You were currently listening to 'Why did it have to be me' and you were copying the dance moves from the movie.

Scarlet joined in, grabbing your waist doing the dance moves with you which took you by surprise but wrapped your hands around her neck nonetheless.

"🎵I only wanted a little love affair,
now i can see you are beginning to care,
but baby, believe me, it's better,
to forget me!🎵"

You and Scarlett sang as you danced, heads pressed together and you couldn't hold in your smile. It was moment like these that gave you butterflies in your stomach as you looked at your wife.

Even when the music stopped you didn't let go of each other, caught in the moment of it all. Pulling her closer to you, you tilted your head to talk to your alexa.

"Alexa, play 'I don't know what to do' by Scarlett Johansson." You smirked as Scarlett rolled her eyes.

"No, my love, really?" She whined and you nodded, taking her hands.

"I love your voice." You complimented and she pouted, knowing how much you liked to listen to her sing.

You sang the male part at the start, swaying around the kitchen, Scarlett's hands in yours. The the music interval came in and you just smiled at your wife.

"You really want me to sing, baby?" She asked, pulling you close and you nodded.

"Yes, I do." You laughed and she rolled her eyes yet again, but sang just as you asked when her part of the song began.

"🎵 I don't want you coming here, no way, no way,
I can't have you staying her, no way, no way,
every time i close my eyes,
I want to walk with you in moonlight,
And i know you're not intending,
To go on just pretending,
But i think it's for the best.🎵"

Scarlett sang beautifully as you held each other close. You could listen to her sing all day, it warmed your heart and you just loved her so much.

Eventually the song was over, but yet again you just stayed in each other's embrace, holding onto each other as if it was the last thing you did.

"I love you." You hummed as you rested your head on her shoulder, nuzzling in the crock of her neck.

"I love you, baby. But i've had my turn, now it's yours." You didn't even have to look at Scarlett to know she was smirking.

"What song?" You gave in with a chuckle.

"Your usual." Scarlett asked and you nodded. You weren't as committed to your singing as Scarlett had once been, so hadn't released any of your own songs.

Yet you still sang along to one's you loved. The one Scarlett loved to hear you sing was 'Thinking out loud' By Ed sheeran. You had jokingly sung it to hear when you first took her to visit your home town in england and it just stuck. So that's what you sang for her now.

Again, you both swayed along to the music, Scarlett didn't take her eyes of you once as she listened to your voice.

"🎵But baby now, take me into your living arms,
kiss me under the light of a thousand stars,
Place your hand on my beating heart,
I'm thinking out loud,
That maybe we found love right where we are.🎵"

You sang the chorus, eyes closed as you did. So when the song finished you opened your eyes to your smiling wife.

"Beautiful." Scarlett whispered before she pulled you in for a kiss with one hand and held your waist firmly with the other.

You kissed her back passionately, though the moment got ruined when the oven timer began to beep. Alerting you that your food was now cooked.

"If i punch it and it stops, can we continue this?" Scarlett's head dropped to your chest in disappointment.

"How about we eat and then finish this?" You chuckled, pulling away from her warm grasp to grab your food before it burnt.

"Fine." She huffed, helping you with serving up before you both sat down to share your meal together.

(A/N) HAPPY NEW YEAR! (For those that have gotten there.) If not then Happy new year soon? Aha, just a small sharper for today but it was kinda cute ig. Anyways I hope you have a great start to the year!