Is It Really You? Pt.4 ~ NR

Warnings: None :)

————————————————————

"You what?" You almost choked on your food as you heard the words fall from Natasha's mouth.

"I wanna meet your ex Emily. I mean, i've met all your other exes, but not her." Natasha shrugged, looking at you, her food now forgotten.

"I mean, I haven't spoken to her in years, I don't know where she is, and if she even wants to see me, or us." You explained, you had to avoid this topic at all costs.

"What's her last name? I'm sure I can find her." Natasha's tone was calm, the complete opposite to what you were feeling.

"God... I don't even remember." You sighed, attempting to lie as you restored your elbows on the table.

"You don't remember your ex girlfriends last name?" Natasha quirked a brow, now believing you in the slightest.

"Like I said, it been years and I haven't even though about her until now." You explained and Natasha nodded her head.

"Alright." She said, picking her food, eating a little.

"Why do you want to meet her?" You quoted and Natasha shrugged.

"I don't know." She shrugged and you frowned. She did know, she had a weird feeling when you and Kate were together, like you were hiding something.

Natasha even searched Kate up on their files and everything seemed to add up, so it wasn't even like she could call her out.

"If you say so." You mumbled, finishing the rest of your pasta.

The next day, the whole team, including Late who had stayed the night, began training in the gym. Natasha was glued to you at the hip, not wanting to leave you alone with Kate at any point.

"Okay, now we'll rotate, we've been in theses pairs for a while, so join someone else please." Steve shouted to you all as he then partnered up with sam instead of Bucky.

"Oh, Wanda, Y/n said she wanted to be your partner." Natasha pulled Wanda's arm who smiled when she saw you.

"I- yeah." You stuttered, surprised and Natasha's comment, it's not that you didn't want to work with Wanda, you were just surprised she lied like that.

"Okay, cool, otherwise I would have been stuck with banner." She rolled her eyes teasingly.

You both began sparring and you could feel two sets of eyes on your back. You looked to your left to see Natasha who was sparring with Bruce, smiling at you when she caught your eye. To your right, you saw Kate who was practicing her punches with Bucky, who also smiled when you caught her eye.

"Am I missing something?" Wanda spoke up, snapping you out of your small haze.

"What?" You asked and she looked over at Kate, who instantly looked away.

"Every time we are all in a room together, Kate can't seem to take her eyes off you. I so badly want to read her mind and see why, but i suppose that's a violation of her privacy." Wanda rolled her eyes in the last sentence causing you to laugh a little.

"I haven't noticed." You lied and she tilted her head.

"Okay, maybe I have, but I have no idea why she does." You replied and yet again Wanda looked over at Kate.

"She told me she had a girlfriend so I don't know if she's is checking you out or what. Besides, she knows you're with Natasha so would she risk getting on Nat's bad side." Wanda thought aloud, trying to figure it out for you.

"Like I said, I have no idea, i've just been ignoring it." You told her and she nodded.

"What was she like when you showed her around?" Wanda questioned, now interested in the small drama.

"She seemed alright, I mean all I did was show her around the compound, it wasn't like anything interesting happened." You half lied, and Wanda nodded at your words.

"Huh, but it's weird that you thought shr was someone else, no? Maybe she's just that type of person." Wanda continued and now you nodded as you followed along.

"Like I said, I don't know. I guess we'll just have to see what happens." You explained, but now she looked over at Natasha.

"It seems like Nat can sense something too. She's always glaring at Kate, and I just get that feeling, you know?" Wanda told you as she looked at the both girls, definitely looking into the whole situation quite a lot.

"Yeah, she did ask me about who i thought she looked like, and her told her, but that's it really. I think she's just a little annoyed about that." You told Wanda and now she looked at you properly.

"Who did you think she looked like for Natasha to feel that way?" Wanda was in full detective mode now.

"She looks like one of my exes, a girl called Emily." You explained and she frowned at your words.

"I never knew you had an ex called Emily. I thought we were best friends." Wanda dramatically grabbed her chest as if the lack of information hurt her, maki you push her away at her dramatics.

"I just, don't think about her anymore." You told her and she gave you a look.

"So she must have been important to you if you wanted to forget about her, and for you to get that reaction." Wanda told you her thoughts and you just rolled your eyes.

"What is this? And interrogation? I just wanted to whoop your ass." You joked, changing the subject.

"Oh yeah?" Wanda laughed before she used her powers to throw you to the floor.

"Ow." You groaned before getting up.

(A/N) I have an idea for this mini series but i don't know how to get to it, it's so frustrating. Anyways hope you enjoy this chapter :)