She Was A Hero~ NR

Warnings: Swearing

Another Natasha chapter because i cannot for the life of me think of ideas with Scarlett :(
————————————————————

You stormed into the diner where you knew he would be. You held your gun loosely in your hand as you approached his table, customers leaving when they saw what you were holding.

"I wouldn't if I were you." You turned your head to the waiter that had tried to grab the phone in attempt to call the cops. They lifted their hands in surrender and ran out the diner.

You finally got to him, frowning a little when you noticed he had company. Someone you had never met before.

"Y/n?" He looked up at you, pushing his food away.

"Clint." You looked down at him, turning to face the girl he was with when she spoke up.

"Holy shit, your the Y/n Romanoff." The black haired girl gasped though shut her mouth when she noticed your hard gaze. She seemed like a nice girl but now was not the time to make friends.

"I thought you died." Clint mumbled when you took a seat opposite him, next to whoever the girl was.

"I did. When you killed her." You replied back, never taking your eyes off of him.

He opened his mouth to reply but you held up a finger, stopping him before any sound could be made.

"It's him Yelena. You can come in." You tapped the ear piece you had hidden under your hair and smiled as both Clint and the girl watched Yelena walk through the door.

"That's Kaye Bishop."  Yelena told you casually as she pointed at the dark haired girl beside you, heading the conversation you had had before her arrival.

"How- How do you, uh know my name?" Kate stuttered as she questioned Yelena who just shrugged.

"She is your..." You trailed off expecting on of them to answer.

"Friend"
"Colleague."

You and Yelena shared a look before she took a seat next to you, causing kate to be trapped between you and the window. This was an interrogation for Clint, so he had to be in front of you, in able for both you and Yelena to analyse his responses.

"Listen, I know why you're here. You have to know I would never kill her. Y/n you of all people should know that." Clint began.

"Stop. Stop trying to convince her that's what happened when it's a lie." Yelena shook her head, hurt filled her voice.

"That was my wife." You mumbled, you were hoping to keep your confidence throughout this conversation but the minute you all started talking about her, all that confidence faded away.

"I know. She was my best friend." Clint looked between the two of you.

"Then why did you let her die." Yelena spine up and he stared down at his hands that lay on the table.

"I couldn't stop her. You know how determined she can be. I tried jumping off that cliff to spare her life but Natasha being the skilled spy she was, managed to hook me to a rock, i held onto her to try pull us up but she kicked off the cliff making me let go." He spoke slowly, you could tell he found it hard to talk about and could tell he wasn't lying.

Maybe coming here like this wasn't the best move. You wanted someone to put the blame on. Someone to be angry at for her not being here anymore. For Natasha not holding you in her arms forever like she promised. All it did was make you a little mad at her. You may be being selfish but you needed her, you hated who you had become without her. And she threw it all away when she jumped, though it was the price to pay for saving the world, but she was your world. And that was now gone. You brushed away the small tear that escaped your eye.

"I'm so sorry." Clint whispered as he took your hand. You too had been close when you were once avengers. You may have started out a little rough at the beginning but grew close when you realised how much he meant to Natasha.

"Stop. You cannot be sorry for letting my sister be sacrificed." Now Yelena was upset, sensing that you were beginning to forgive Clint.

"Yelena, I think he's telling the truth." You try to tell her but she shakes her head again.

"That was your wife. And your now- now sitting in front of the man that was there when she died and your not questioning him?" She looked at you sadly, struggling to get out her words.

"Ask me anything. I'll tell you every detail, the whole story. About what happened up there and anything else. She loved you, both. But it had to be one of us. I just wish it was the other way round." Clint sat back as her stared deeply at Yelena, hoping to help her understand what happened.

Kate sniffled a bit from your right, clearly finding the whole conversation emotional despite the fact she had nothing to do with what had happened. It kind of made you like her more than you did when you assessed her when you first interacted with her. She wasn't afraid to show emotion and clearly cared.

"That was my sister."

"And my wife."

"And my best friend."

"And she was a hero."

(A/n) I know i said i'd start more frequent updates but i've only just started to feel 100% again so i'm hoping that from now there will be a chapter everyday again :)