I'm Not Holding Your Hand ~ NR

Warnings: Swearing

(Inspired by Greys Anatomy)
————————————————————

A mission had gone horribly wrong, causing you to get shot in your stomach and shoulder. Bruce and Dr Cho were doing the best they can to keep you alive but it was hard. They also only let Natasha in the room, as you had been demanding it.

"Hold my hand." You almost begged Natasha with tears streaming down your cheeks. You were scared, of course you were scared, you didn't think that you were gonna make it so all you wanted to do was hold your girlfriend's hand.

"I'm not holding your hand because you're not dying." Natasha replied bluntly, she didn't want to believe that you could die. She needed you, more than anything in the world. You heart broke as she spoke, you wanted her, you needed her.

"Hold my hand." You repeated again, looking at your hand then Natasha, who shook her head like she was trying to get rid of her tears.

"No. You're not dying." She didn't know whether she was trying to convince you or herself. You looked down the end of the bed, past bruce were you could see the team waiting for you. You looked at Natasha with tears in your eyes.

"You hear me? You don't die today." Natasha leant beside you to come face to face with you, you were sobbing, terrified that it was the end.

"I love you so fucking much." Natasha told you, making sure you knew. That was the last thing she wanted you to doubt.

"You don't have to say it just because i'm dying." You half teased, trying to keep a good mood but failing badly.

"I love you. I've always been in love with you, I always will be in love with you, i will never stop loving you." Natasha repeated with a sad smile.

"Yeah?" You asked, needing to know she really meant it.

"Yeah." Natasha confirmed at you let out a sob, but tried to smile at her nonetheless.

"Which is why you have to stay alive. We- We gotta get married, we're gonna adopt one or two kids." Natasha spoke to you, trying to take your mind elsewhere, which partially worked. You smiled at the thought, what could happen if all ends well.

"So- so they can have siblings." You struggled to speak, with Bruce and Cho doing different things to your body, and your flowing tears.

"Yeah." Natasha smiled at you. You closed your eyes, struggling to keep them open but pictures your life together.

"Y/n?" Natasha called you name when you stayed like that for a while.

"Sounds nice." You mumbled, opening your eyes a little to look at her and show her you were still here.

"We're gonna be happy, you and me. We're gonna have the best life, so you can't die, okay?" Natasha tells you, trying her best to keep herself together as Bruce rushes around, and starts working even faster.

"Cause we are supposed to end up together. We're meant to be." Natasha tries to keep you focussed on her as the machines start making a lot of noise. You try turning your head in attempt to see what's going on but Natasha stops you.

"Meant to be." You repeat as you look at her, the woman you are so incredibly in love with.

"I love you. I love you. I love you." Natasha repeated as she finally took your hand as once again you were struggling to keep your eyes open.

"I-I love you too." You replied before slowly loosing consciousness. Natasha was rushed out the room as the machines began beeping like crazy.

For hours, Bruce and Cho and some other doctors operated on you, doing there best too keep you alive.

Natasha didn't leave the seat she sat in right outside the door, the rest of the team taking it in turns to keep her company as she refused to move until she knew you were alright.

After about seven hours, bruce came out. Natasha snapped her head in his direction and stood up immediately, waiting for the news.

"She's okay. She'll live." He smiled at Natasha who fell back into the chair behind her with relief.

"She's still unconscious but should wake up within the next few hours. After that, she'll have to spend a few days in here to monitor how she is, when we think she's okay, she be able to start building herself up. You know, slowly starting training again, the normal routine but it will take a while. You'll need patience." Bruce explained to Natasha and Wanda who was keeping her company.

"Can, uh, i go in?" Natasha nervously asked and bruce stepped out of the way for her to enter.

She was instantly by your side, hand in hand as she looked at you. You were going to be okay, slowly, but you were and that's all she cared about.

After around ten hours later you woke up. You smiled as you saw Natasha asleep in the chair beside you, and Steve asleep in the chair on the other side of the room. You looked down to see yours and Natasha's hands laced together.

With all you could, you slowly stroked Nat's hand with your thumb, the slight movement instantly alerting her that you were awake.

"Hey." She mumbled quietly with a smile.

"I didn't die." You have her a weak smile, to which she kissed your cheek.

"I'm glad." She laughed a little, because you were actually here, talking to her.

"Well, I couldn't go after you told me what our future was like." You whispered, letting out a breathy laugh.

"Good, because it will be worth it."

(A/N) Hope you enjoyed this one, don't forget to send me any requests!