On my own ~ NR

Warnings: Swearing

(sorry for another depressing/ toxic type thing lol)
————————————————————

You couldn't help the silent tears slowly trickling down your face. You and Natasha were in an argument. Not a normal, shouting in your face, 'you're wrong, i'm right.' kind of relationship. It was more of an 'i know what you deserve and what you need' kind of argument.

You're relationship wasn't the exact best, though it wasn't the worst. You loved each other, more than anyone or anything in the world. Though, you were committed and Natasha not so much.

It's not that she didn't want to be with you , because she did more than anything. But you were the first person she ever loved. Having grown up thinking love was for children, when she actually did fall in love, it scared her.

Natasha didn't want to hurt you, but she did by trying to keep you safe from herself. She tried so hard to give you what she thought you deserved but sometimes she took it too far. She would leave when you got into arguments, not wanting to upset you. Would get scared if she was injured during missions so would leave until her wounds had faded because she didn't want you to see her hurt.

So here you were, in your shared room, crying after you've caught her trying to leave and you expressing your thoughts on it, after a very long and eventful mission and

"Don't you know i'm no good for you?" Natasha didn't look at you, she hated seeing you upset, especially if she had caused it.

"I've learned to loose you but i can't afford to, nat." You frustratingly wiped the tears from your cheeks as you looked up at her from your position at the side of the bed.

"But i tore my shirt to stop you bleeding?" Natasha defended, like she hadn't done anything wrong.

"But nothing ever stops you leaving, it's quiet when i'm coming home, and i'm on my own." You shook your head and she finally looked at you.

"I-" Natasha began but you cut her off, now standing up in front of her.

"I could lie and say i like it like that, but i just want you to be here. With me." You spoke honestly, both your eyes clouded with tears as you stood mere inches away from each other.

"I'll only hurt you if you let me." Natasha breathed, her voice shaky.

"You call me your girlfriend so keep me closer." You half whispered back, neither of you looking away from the other.

"But i'll call you when i'm back." Natasha's tears trailed slowly down her cheeks, she was still adamant that she needed to leave.

"I hate it when i'm home and i'm on my own, Natasha. I want you here with me. No more running, please." You begged her, taking her hands in yours.

"Nothing is better sometimes." Natasha muttered, staring at your hands. You didn't answer her, instead you scoffed and removed your hands from hers, running your hands through your hair as you exhaled.

"Once we've both said our goodbyes-" Natasha started but again you cut her off, a little more frustrated now.

"Let's just let it go." You tried, now you just stood, looking at each other from opposite sides of the bed.

"Let me let you go." She countered and for a moment there was silence. Both of you looked at each other. You wanted her to stay, to comfort you and be the girlfriend you need, but she wanted to go and do what she thought you deserved. She didn't think she deserved your love or good enough for you.

"You- You can't keep doing this at every inconvenience or when you think you are doing what i need." You huffed, waving your arms in the air in annoyance, now ignoring the tears rolling down your face.

"But I need to be better." Natasha countered.

"Yeah you do. But not by leaving, by staying here and being with me. That's how relationships work Natalia, there are ups and downs but we have to get through them, not run away." The use of Natasha's real name caught her attention, it showed you really meant it. Maybe she was wrong and you needed her.

"But-" She tried and you shook your head.

"No buts. That's just how it is. If you can't handle it, fine, I respect that but i can't do this, us, if you are gonna keep being like this. It hurts to much." You told her honestly and she nodded, walking round to meet you and bring you into a hug.

"I don't want to hurt you, i'll stay. Just- Just don't leave me, i'll be better." She whispered as she held you close, your arms now around her neck.

"Please." You mumbled, your tears staining her shirt.

"I promise. I love you." She told you honestly.

"I love you too."

(A/N) Love the old Billie Era so had to include it icl lol