The New Recruit: Clint Barton x Enhanced!Reader

"Okay, everyone." A loud voice brought the room's attention forward, YN shifting in her seat as she sat at the back. "Thank you for applying to be here, or some of you were even selected through external agencies. My name is Agent Clint Barton, I will be running the selection training this morning." YN stared at the blonde man, his good-looking features making YN's breath quicken. "We have two openings for recruitment, meaning only one out of the twelve of you will be selected." YN licked her lips, swallowing thickly. "We will be running through several scenarios to test your individual skill set."

The room hummed in excitement as Agent Barton walked toward the door, motioning for the candidates to follow. As they walked through the compound, YN kept her eyes low, not as interested in their surroundings as the others.

YN grunted as she ran into the back of someone as they stopped abruptly. "Sorry." YN whispered, stepping away from the other candidate.

"Oh my God. Is that Natasha Romanoff?" Someone whispered, making YN look up from underneath her cap, still keeping her face as hidden as possible. The Black Widow joined Agent Barton as they walked toward the training room, their backs as intimidating as backs could be.

YN stayed toward the back, biting her nails as the two Avengers explained the circuit they would be participating. YN watched as the others completed the circuit, using their preferred weaponry (mostly guns) with no real spark, their mechanical and routine movements making YN scoff under her breath.

The large man in front of her turned around to smirk at her, a domineering grin on his face. "Watch and learn, sweetheart," YN raised an unamused brow, unknowingly being watched by a smiling Agent Romanoff and an intrigued Agent Barton.

YN hid a grin as the man grunted, being taken down by one of the mechanical dummies. He stood to his feet, brushing his hands on his pants and walked toward her and the others awkwardly. "Well done, sweetheart." She snickered, stepping back as the man sneered at her.

YN sighed, staring at the circuit with an unenthused expression. "Does she look bored to you?" Natasha chuckled to Clint, hiding her smile with her hand.

"I thought it was just me." He whispered, keeping his eyes on the woman as she crossed her arms. She stepped out onto the mark, alerting the mechanical dummy to her arrival. It swung toward her but stopped quickly, rolling back as YN stared at it.

Clint's eyes dropped to her hands, where they were facing flat palmed toward the dummy. "Alright, you're an enhanced?" He said, making YN's attention snap to him. Clint swallowed as her bright green eyes landed on him, her expression one of pride. "If you suddenly lose your ability to use your powers, what then?"

The group behind them snickered and YN licked her lips, crossing her arms. "Got any arrows?" YN asked, smirking as the archer raised an eyebrow.

Clint leant down to pick up his own bow, walking toward her to hand it over. "Be careful with her." YN chuckled, nodding her head.

"I won't hurt your baby, Agent Barton." YN bit back, smiling at the agent.

"Oh, I like her already." Natasha said, cocking her hip toward Clint as he stood back next to her.

The two Avengers watched YN lift the bow, letting arrow after arrow fly into the circuit, taking out every dummy that approached her without having to move from her first mark. YN lowered the bow, rolling her shoulders as she placed the bow and arrows back on the table.

"To your liking, Agent Barton?" YN raised an eyebrow, stepping back into the group. Clint stared, a shocked expression on his face.

Natasha snickered, shaking her head. "You're all dismissed." The candidates shot YN strange, and some dirty, looks as they left, YN lagging toward the back to avoid having to confront anyone.

"Miss YLN?" Natasha's voice made her still, her steps halting immediately. "Can we talk to you?" YN sighed, closing her eyes.

"Blew it already, YN." She muttered quietly as she turned toward the two other room occupants. "What can I do for you?"

"We'd like to see the extent of your power." Natasha said, smiling slightly. "The full extent." YN sighed, biting the inside of her cheek.

"I don't know whether that would be safe." YN murmured, wincing.

"What do you need?" Agent Barton asked, his attention making YN blush. YN looked around the room, deeming the structure durable she shrugged.

"You know what, this should do." YN nodded, stepping onto the mark. Seven large dummy's rolled toward her, their mechanical arms outstretched. YN lifted her own arms, palms outward as she breathed out. The dummy's whirred, trying to push forward. Instead, they flew backward, clashing together and falling to pieces.

"While that was cool, I think you're holding back." YN sighed again, throwing her head back.

"Was I?" Natasha frowned before she looked up, the roof of the compound was lifted, hovering in the air, a few feet from where the actual building sat.

"Did you lift the roof off of the building?" Clint gasped, dropping his clipboard.

"I don't know, Agent Barton, did I?" YN chuckled, lowering the roof back down as if it never happened.

"If that's broken, Tony will bill you." YN rolled her eyes, picking up her bag.

"Anything else?" Clint grabbed her elbow, staring into her eyes with his piercing blue irises.

"Join the Avengers." YN raised an eyebrow. "And let me buy you a drink." YN smirked, rolling her eyes.

"I'll think about it." She chuckled, her insides warming at the cute little smile on the agent's face. 

"Wait, which will you think about?" He called as YN walked toward the exit. 

"You'll find out shortly, won't you?"