A Common Enemy: Steve Rogers x Villain!Reader

Another villain!reader was requested by @Viv_idgaf - I hope it's what you wanted and I'm sorry about the wait xx 

YN grunted as she swung a fist into the bag in front of her, her eyes wild as she continued to plow into her imaginary opponent. Her breath was coming in short, agitated puffs, jaw clenched so hard she thought she might crack a tooth.

"You thinking about me?" YN spun around, whipping her gun from the back of her belt as she faced the tall blonde.

"Funny that, it's as if you're reading my mind." YN gritted out, her sweaty hands readjusting on her weapon. "Come to try again?"

Steve huffed out a laugh, his hand firmly gripping his shield. "Actually, no." YN cocked her head, not loosening her shoulders even though the captain was showing no movement to attack. "We need your help."

"My help? Are you joking? I cannot imagine a scenario where I would help you." The blonde man shook his head slowly, stepping closer and into the light, where YN could see a battered face. "Who did that to you?" YN cursed herself out in her mind, wondering why Steve's bruised features were affecting her so much.

"Something a lot bigger than you or me." YN scoffed, lowering her weapon slowly. "So, I'll repeat myself. We need your help, and we're desperate."

Standing up straight, YN deliberated for a moment, her eyes staring at Steve's notably vulnerable expression, his shield now resting limply at his side. "How desperate?"

-----------------------------------------

"You know, when I said I wanted access to S.H.I.E.L.D information, I meant all of it." Steve sighed, rubbing his forehead as he glanced at his friends, whom were standing around the perimeter of the room, justifiably on edge.

"You'll get the rest when this is over." YN huffed, licking her lips.

"Okay, and when do I find out what this is?" Steve sighed again, his lids closing over his blue pearls momentarily before they snapped back to YN, already looking defeated.

"Natasha?" YN watched Steve step back, the slim red head taking his place, albeit, her eyes much more hesitant to be anywhere near YN.

"It's okay, beautiful, I wouldn't touch a pretty face like yours." YN snarked, her tongue darting out to lick her lips. Natasha cleared her throat, the boys behind them watching with interested eyes.

"His name is Ronan the Accuser, he is a radical Kree warlord and former member of the Accusers." YN raised her eyebrows at the image that appeared on the screen, the others quite stunned at her minimal reaction. "Ronan initiated a new campaign to eradicate a species called the Xandarians by forging an alliance with Thanos, whom we defeated as he tried to obtain the mind stone from Vision." YN nodded, plopping down onto a chair. "Offering an ancient artifact called the Orb in exchange for the destruction of Xandar, Ronan realized it housed the Power Stone, he instead betrayed Thanos and chose to take the Orb's power for himself."

"Okay, so he wants to... what? Destroy Earth because he was unsuccessful on Xandar?" Everyone paused, their eyes widening dramatically. "What?"

"How do you know he was unsuccessful?" YN sighed, annoyed with herself that she'd slipped up. Turning to face the blonde who'd spoken, YN smiled, lifting her hands and letting out a breath. Everyone stood silently as YN's skin rippled, her disguise lowering as she changed shades, the blue under her clothing taking the entire room off guard.

"Because I helped defeat him." The room was entirely stunned, not a single person able to explain what they were seeing. "Okay, okay. I get it, it's a surprise, but just because I'm a Kree, doesn't mean I'm-"