Make A Move: Sam Wilson x Reader

"Thank you for calling the Veterans Association, this is YN, how can I help you this morning?" YN said politely, holding the phone between her shoulder and her ear. The man on the other end rattled of a request, YN routinely answering his questions.

Looking up, she nearly gasped as the blonde man walked through the door, his hands in his pockets. "Hello?"

"Uh, sorry Mr. Williams. Yes, we have an opening for that session, shall I book you in?" YN scribbled down the note for herself before bidding the Veteran goodbye. "Can I help you there, uh, Sir?" The blonde man smiled but before he could answer, Sam, one of the councilors approached them, sending a wink YN's way.

"Hey, man, what's up?" YN watched as the two shook hands walking over to the other side of the room. Sam Wilson was one hell of a man, tall and attractive but also humble and absolutely hilarious. "Hey, YN!" YN's head shot up from her keyboard as her name was called. "Come over here."

YN swallowed, brushing her hands down her skirt. She approached the two smiling men, goosebumps rising along her arm when she met Sam's eyes. "What's up?" She said before clearing her throat.

"I wanted you to meet my pal, Steve." YN raised an eyebrow.

"Since when are you pals with Captain America?" YN snickered before smiling at the captain. "It's a pleasure to meet you, sir." Steve returned the greeting, smiling down at her. The three had a short chat before Steve left, leaving YN to turn to Sam with crossed arms.

"So?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows. "What'd you think?"

"What do you mean?" YN asked, furrowing her eyebrow.

"You should ask him out, he was totally hitting on you!" YN's heart sank at Sam's words, a pit forming in her stomach.

"Err, nah. I don't think he was." YN forced herself to chuckle, uncrossing her arms to run a hand through her hair. "I think he was flirting with you more than me."

"Don't be ridiculous, the man would have to be blind not to want you." YN scoffed, rolling her eyes as she turned around.

"Maybe we should make you an appointment at the eye doctor, then." She whispered, huffing as she sat back down, avoiding Sam's eyes for the rest of the day.

"What are you doing after work?" Sam asked, leaning against YN's desk that evening, eyeing over her work.

"Going home." She said bluntly, stapling a piece of paper unnecessarily hard. "Maybe I'll take a bath with a toaster."

"What?" Sam laughed, shaking his head. "Let's go out?" YN frowned, shaking her own head. "What why?"

"Because I have plans." Sam scoffed.

"Please, YN. You never have plans." YN sighed, slamming her head down against the desk.

"If I say yes, will you shut up?" Sam nodded enthusiastically, standing upright with a smile. "Fine, but the second you start harassing some poor woman, I'm out." Sam bit back a grin, crossing over his heart.

-----------------------

"I look fucking ridiculous." YN muttered, fixing the hem of her dress. "You can practically see my ass."

"You want his attention, this is how you get it." YN's sister snickered, clapping her hands. "YN, you look amazing."

"I look like a two cent hooker, Mik." Mik sighed, rolling her eyes and throwing her hands up. YN trailed her eyes over her appearance again, biting her lip. "But the girls he usually goes for wear this, so you might be onto something."