Meeting The Parents: Thor Odinson x Reader

This was a request/inspired by @malavika52- so credit to her for the idea! And I know it's the second Thor fic in a row. But I'm not mad about it. I hope I did it justice Malu xoxox 

"You can't wear that." Thor looked up with a frown, blinking at the woman through the mirror. "My parents will go into cardiac arrest."

"YN, this is my usual attire." YN nodded, slipping behind Thor with a bag in her hand.

"I am aware, and trust me. I love it, really. I think it's sexy and masculine and everything I adore about you. But my family are... heavily religious." YN swallowed, cracking her fingers. "And I'm trying to make them get to know you for you, before they realize you're a literal god."

"Will they not approve?" YN sighed, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"They will form judgements too early to even think about approving." Thor nodded, smiling at the stressed woman.

"It isn't a problem, YN. I will wear the Midgardian clothes." YN flashed Thor a relieved smile, jumping up to open the bag and help Thor change.

They stood outside YN's parents door, the cross above the door staring YN in the face. "Now, remember-" The door opened before YN could finish her sentence, the woman snapping her mouth shut quickly.

"YN!" Her father smiled at the pair of them, bringing his daughter into his arms quickly.

"Hey, Pops." YN chuckled stepping out of his embrace. "This is-"

"Thor, God of Thunder." YN winced, watching his father frown and shake his head. YN chuckled awkwardly.

"Dad, this is Thor, Thor this is my father Barry." Barry sent a forced smile to the tall blonde man, letting the couple bypass him.

They walked into the dining room, where her mother jumped to her feet, pressing a kiss to each side of YN's face. "Hello, my name is Mary. I'm YN's mother." She smiled up at Thor, who grinned.

"Thor-"

"The God of Thunder." YN's father said as he stood with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Barry, what are you talking about?" Mary scoffed, eyeing her husband by the door.

"Hey, is YN here- oh my God!" YN gulped as she heard her sister's voice, turning to her as she entered.

"Elizabeth, watch your language!" YN caught Lizzie's eye, shaking her head as she widened her eyes.

"No, Ma! He's a god! He's Thor!" Lizzie pointed to Thor, making YN sigh. "You're Thor! Like the Thor!" YN sighed, running a hand through her hair. "You're a god!"

"Ma-" YN started.

"A god?" Mary said, shaking her head. "What does she mean?" YN swallowed, slumping in her chair.

"I am the future king of Asgard." YN grimaced, watching her father's face pale. "We helped end the battle of New York in 2012."

"Was it not your brother that started it to begin with?" YN glared at her father, her mouth popping open.

"Dad!" She shouted, getting back to her feet.

"I just asked a question?" YN sighed, rubbing her eyes.

"Loki has no doubt painted a stain on our relationship with Earth, but he does not speak for all of us." Thor said awkwardly, having to bend his knees slightly to stop his head from touching the roof of the small home. YN's mother sunk back into her seat, looking slightly green.

"Ma, you okay?" Mary shook her head, swallowing loudly.

"I think it's best if you leave." Barry said, stepping close to his wife's back. "Both of you."