Nothing Kindness Can't Solve: Loki Laufeyson x Platonic!Reader

As the title suggests, YN is strictly platonic (no love interests) in this fic. :) enjoy xox

YN hummed as she surveyed the contents of the fridge, eyeing the piece of cake that Sam had made everyone promise not to eat, because he had called dibs on it.

She sighed, licking her lips. "Screw him." She whispered, grabbing the plate and turning to place it on the counter.

"Hello." YN screamed loudly at the new voice, the cake slipping from her hand and landing on the ground. She could see the outline of a tall, thin man in the center of the room, making her heartbeat increase quickly.

The lights flicked on suddenly, Tony and Steve stumbling through the archway, Tony wearing half his iron man suit, the rest of him dressed in PJ's. "What happened?" Steve mumbled out, blinking away the sleep as he too stood in her sleepwear, shield in his hand.

YN stared across the room, her eyes meeting bright and curious blue. "He happened." YN stated, making the two men stare at Loki.

Steve frowned, standing up straight. "What the hell are you doing here? I thought you were dead?"

"Hey, what the hell's with all the- hey what the hell happened to my cake?" YN bit her lip, stepping away from the flat confectionary, rubbing her neck nervously.

"Back to the reindeer in the room, what are you doing here?" Loki finally looked away from YN who was avoiding Sam's unhappy gaze.

"Is my brother here?" YN cocked her head curiously, gnawing on her lip.

"No, he's due back in a few days. Now, I won't repeat my question." Loki rolled his eyes, letting out a huff.

"I need his help." YN cocked her head, staring at the raven-haired man.

"Are you okay?" YN felt three judgmental eyes lock onto her, making her sigh. "What? Thor says he's better."

"Thor is also convinced that Pop Tarts are Earth's best invention." YN shrugged, ignoring Tony's mean comment.

"Who are you? You weren't here last time." YN smiled, her cheeks filling in the process.

"I'm YN Maximoff." Loki hummed, nodding his head.

"Ah yes, Thor has told me about the triplets. Your power is unmatched, YN." YN shrugged, a blush coating her cheeks.

"I wouldn't say that." Tony, Steve and Sam stared at YN as she worried at her lip, her gaze locked onto the God of Mischief.

"What is going on here?" Tony whispered, leaning back to rest the back of his head on Steve's shoulder.

"I'm not sure." Steve responded, his own eyes flicking between the two as they conversed.

"I told you she was unstable." Sam muttered, staring at his destroyed cake. "Man, I've been dreaming of that cake since I went to bed." Sam continued to grumble as he turned around, shuffling back toward his bedroom.

"YN-" YN turned her attention from Loki, where she had gotten comfortable sitting atop the counter. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, thanks Steve." She smiled, making the two other men frown.

"No like, are we okay here? Because if not-" YN shook her head, waving her hand making the television turn on.

"We're good. Loki just needs a place to lay low until Thor returns." Tony gaped at the young woman, his eyes nearly bulging out of his head.

"Excuse me? I didn't know we were a homeless shelter." YN frowned at Tony, her lip being sucked into her mouth.

"You took Wanda and I in?" Tony sighed, rubbing his eyes. "I think Loki is deserving of forgiveness if I am."

"YN, we've talked about this-" YN held up her hand to Steve, shaking her hand.

"It's fine. Go back to bed, Tony needs his beauty sleep." Tony scoffed, throwing his hands up.

"I never wanted a daughter." He grumbled, stalking off as YN grinned at Steve who shook his head and followed after him.

"Why did you do that?" YN sighed, looking back to Loki who had inched closer. "Why did you defend me to them, someone you've never met?"

"Thor speaks very highly of you." Loki scoffed rolling his eyes.

"Well, he is still as dense as the last time I saw him." YN frowned, shaking her head.

"Do not speak about him like that, he is very fond of you. You should cherish your brother whilst you still have him." Loki watched YN swallow and shake her head. "Family is important."

"Is it? What did family ever do for you?" YN shrugged, swinging her legs on the counter.

"Saved my life. Multiple times. Saved me from others hurting me, saved me from hurting myself." Loki cocked his head, stepping even closer. "You do not need family to survive, but I think you need family to really live." Loki licked his lips, opening his mouth to say something, but for the first time in his life, he had nothing to say. "Anyway, feel free to take my bed."

"And you?" Shrugging again, YN hopped off the counter, walking around it to grab a bag of popcorn and placing it in the microwave.

"Not a great sleeper." Loki nodded, the corner of his mouth tipping up as YN turned her back.

The next morning...

"Oh, you're still here." Loki smirked at Tony as he entered the kitchen, the God leaning against the counter and facing the living room. "She on the sofa?" Loki looked over his shoulder, nodding his head. "Yeah, that's normal. I don't know how the kid even survives off the little sleep she gets."

"She's used to it, that's how." Loki looked over, watching Wanda enter the kitchen with her eyes narrowed. "What are you doing here?"

"We're all very curious in this place, aren't we?" Wanda raised a brow, cocking her head. "I am merely waiting for my brothers return, do not fret Miss. Maximoff."

"Is anyone making waffles?" YN groaned, stretching her body out as she walked by Loki, sending him a friendly smile.

Loki watched YN slide up by her sister, the taller sibling wrapping an arm around her shoulder as the smaller yawned. "I guess I can make you some, sweetheart." Wanda chuckled, kissing YN's hair.

YN jumped up on the counter next to Loki, swinging her legs. "Did you sleep?" Loki stared at the ground, not answering her question. "Hey!"

Startling, Loki looked up, meeting YN's eyes. "Uh, yeah. I did." Loki scratched the back of his head, thinking about his next words carefully. "Thank you, for the bed." YN shrugged, which Loki noted she did a lot, smiling up at him.

"No worries." Loki nodded, his heart warming at her kindness. "I'm used to sleeping on cement anyway." Loki frowned, his eyebrows hovering low on his face.

"YN! What did we say about joking about that?" YN rolled her eyes, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"Sorry dad." YN snarked, watching Tony glare at her.

"That's what I thought. Now go and get ready for school." YN scoffed, rubbing her eyes. "Now, YN."

"You're in school?" Loki said as he followed her down the hall at her command.

"Sort of. Tony likes to call it school because I never got to go to one. But it's really just him ordering me around the lab like some personal assistant." Loki chuckled, the first time he'd done so in quite some time.

"How old are you?" YN stopped at the door to her room. "Just curious." He added at her suspicious look.

"I'm 19. Why? Got a cute, younger Asgardian friend?" Loki actually laughed this time as the girl grinned.

"None that could quite handle you, YN." YN shrugged, again, making Loki snicker.

"Their loss." Loki leant against the wall as YN closed the door behind her, the God thinking about how YN had been the first person to show him any sort of kindness for a very long time. 

Stay tuned, I think I wanna do a part two to this hehe