Go Easy On Me: Steve Rogers x Reader

"Widow, we have three on the roof with-" Steve gasped as a searing pain shot through his head, forcing him to his knees. The ringing grew louder and Steve curled into himself, covering his ears with his hands.

Someone grabbed his arm dragging the whimpering man along the ground toward a large red door. Steve groaned as he was thrown in, his arms now cuffed behind his back and a gun pressed to the base of his neck.

The ringing stopped and Steve was finally able to lift his head, blinking white spots from his vision. When he regained his senses, he let out an annoyed huff at what he saw.

YN smiled at the blonde man, a cigarette hanging from the corner of her mouth. "This is your fifth failed attempt at killing me, pretty boy. Don't you think you should give up?" She said, placing her combat boots on the mahogany desk in front of her, crossing her knees.

"We aren't trying to kill you, YN. We are trying to apprehend you." YN scoffed, flicking the cigarette ash away before taking another drag.

"The grenades could've fooled me." She laughed, throwing her head back. Steve glared at the woman, hating the attraction building in his gut. "Anyway, this is how it's going to go down, understand?" Steve clenched his teeth, straining against the chains around his wrists as she squatted in front of him. "You're going to play nice while I call the big man, because if you don't, you're not the only one that's going to cop it, okay?" Steve blinked, frowning at her statement. He watched the slender woman flick her cigarette away, bringing her phone up to her ear. "Yeah, boss. We got him."

A few minutes later, the door blew open and a large man stepped through. Steve noticed YN straighten dramatically, her hands coming to rest behind her back. "Well done, child." YN nodded, stepping out of the newcomer's way quickly. "And what of the others?"

Steve watched YN still, her eyes giving away her fear. "They were able to exit through the-" Steve grimaced as the back of the man's hand fell onto YN's cheek.

"I did not ask for the captain alone, you dumb bimbo." YN nodded, her eyes averting to the ground. "Boys, take her to the attic." YN's head shot up, her eyes growing wide.

"Sir, wait-" A man grabbed her elbow, making her scream out. "Stop, let go of me."

"I told you that you were to bring me at least three Avengers, YN." The man shook his head as YN struggled, fighting off the men as they tried to drag her away. "It's you or your sister, slut." At the words, YN slacked off her fighting, her face crumpling as they towed her away.

Steve frowned as he watched her go, understanding dawning on him. "You're threatening her family to keep her here?"

The man laughed, his stomach moving as he did so. "I do not answer to you, Captain Rogers." Steve smirked, lowering his head as he devised a plan.

Fifteen minutes later...

Steve grunted as he slammed a boot down into an agent's face, leaving him unconscious. He looked around the room, noticing the large red numbers ticking down to zero. Weighing up his options, Steve huffed, racing to the stairs and taking them two at a time.

He burst through the attic door, his eyes quickly adjusting to the dark room. "YN?" He whispered, locking onto her crumpled figure in the far corner.

YN groaned as he lifted her into his arms. "What the fuck?" She mumbled, unable to fight off Steve as he carried her down the stairs. In the new light, Steve could see the damage they had been able to do in the past fifteen minutes.

Her lip was split, bleeding down her chin; she had bruises spread over her face and neck and it looked like someone had been strangling her. Steve sprinted out of the building with YN in his arms, her body cradled against his body.