Can't Help It - Tony Stark x Detective!Reader

*I've started watching Brooklyn 99 and it has influenced this lmfao 

"No." YN shook her head as she turned on her heel. The man's eyes widened in disbelief; almost certain she would have given him at least a chance to explain.

"YN!" He shouted, jogging after her. "Look, I can explain."

The woman stared at him expectantly, her arms crossed over her chest. "Where did you want to start?" She demanded, lifting her eyebrows. "The part where you opened confidential files or the part where you hijacked my goddamn case, Tony." Tony grimaced, averting his gaze awkwardly. "I'm waiting."

"Look, YN, I didn't want to go through your files, but it turns out the Jones case wasn't a low-profile thing, they had links to Pierce before- hey wait, where are you going?" Tony called as YN turned on her heel, her ponytail flicking him in the face.

"Tony, all you need to do in that instance is talk to me." She snapped, still walking toward her precinct. "High profile or not, that was my case. You nearly cost me my job."

"What was I supposed to say?" Tony retorted, his hand forcing the front door to the building closed. "Hey, YN, I know I'm about to make your cold case that much more exciting but now I have to take it from you and take all the credit, that okay, honey?" YN stared at him blandly, her eyes slanted in a glare. "See? That wouldn't have worked."

"Get out of the way." YN demanded, her jaw locked. Tony opened his mouth, but YN leaned forward. "Get out of the way before I arrest you for obstructing an officer of the law. You know, the real law, not some superhero law where you do what you want, when you want with no repercussion."

"YN-"

"Goodbye Tony." The door slammed behind her, and Tony sighed, running a hand over his head.

YN entered the precinct with a glare on her face, everyone in the halls avoiding her just with one glance. She fell into the chair at her desk, releasing a defeated groan. Glancing toward where her captain sat in his officer, she jolted upright sending the stern looking man a very fake smile, nodding her head toward him.

"How did you go with Tony?" Her colleague asked, the woman resting against the side of YN's desk. YN turned to meet her eye with a blank stare, making the woman scoff out a laugh. "Not great I take."

"Good take, Laney, you should be a detective." YN rolled her eyes as she looked down at the mountain of paperwork, running her hands over her head. "I can't believe he's put me on admin for something that wasn't even my fault."

"Wo-ho-ho," YN groaned as she heard a second voice, her forehead hitting the surface of her deck harshly. "If it isn't Miss. Naughty Nelly."

"Go away, Derek."

"Aw, someone's upset they've been put on desk duty, whilst I just upped my count by three in the last hour." YN watched sourly as Derek grinned, her eyes drifting to some leftover bread on the lapel of his jacket.

"Saving that for later?" YN asked raising an eyebrow. Derek glanced down, and YN and Laney watched in disgust as he lifted the crumb to his mouth. "What do you see in him?"

"A lot apparently." Laney whispered back, turning on her heel before her husband could respond.

Releasing another sigh, YN started to delve through the paperwork on her desk, filing paperwork for arrests made at the precinct over the last few days. Every few minutes, her eyes would lift and meet the captain's, quickly averting awkwardly as she found him staring blatantly at her.

YN frowned as she picked up a file that read "Thomas Jones." The name immediately grabbing her attention. She glanced around her inconspicuously, barely avoiding another meet of eyes with the captain. She opened the file, going through it with a watchful stare.