Family Battles: Stephen Strange x Mom!Reader

This was a request by @Ldyleo - I hope I did it justice :) Keep the requests coming <3 

"Grace, come on!" YN and Stephen rushed through their front door, half a step behind their very upset daughter.

"No, mom! I won't come on! That man just diminished all of my hopes and dreams!" She yelled dramatically, turning on her heel to face her parents, tears welling in her eyes. YN stopped next to her husband who sighed with his hands on his hips.

"Grace Strange, you are being ridiculously dramatic right now." Stephen chastised, earning two identical glares from the most important girls in his life. "There is always next year to be accepted."

"Both you and mom were both accepted on your first try, why am I any different?" Grace huffed, stomping up the stairs and slamming the door to her room.

YN groaned, rubbing her eyes and dragging a hand down her face. She trudged into their living room, dropping her snow covered coat from her shoulders and slouching onto the couch. Stephen sat next to her watching her cautiously.

"Are you okay?" He asked softly, placing a hand on her back.

"I'm fine, just exhausted." YN sighed. "She's so devastated, maybe we put too much on her shoulders." She whispered, worrying at her lip with her teeth.

"This is no one's fault," Stephen tried, rubbing his hand up her back. "Like I said earlier, she can try again next year, she can try every year until they accept her." YN nodded, lifting her head to meet her husband's eye. "She will become one of us, it's her birth right."

"And what if she gives up?" YN muttered. "You know what she's like... She takes one hit to her ego and suddenly the whole world is against her."

"It's because she is a teenager, YN." Stephen responded, leaning down to kiss his wife's head. "We can't reason with a teenager, it's like reasoning with an ancient God." YN chuckled, shaking her head fondly.

"I supposed you're right." She whispered.

"I always am." Stephen responded, earning a laugh and a smack to his chest.

Upstairs, Grace sulked on her bed, her arms folded and teeth clenched. The day had been both humiliating and infuriating, causing anger to well in her chest. Sitting up, she glanced around her room, cocking her head at her study books.

Looking over to her door, Grace slipped over to it, pushing it closed gently and flipping the lock she'd begged her father for. Lifting a particular book up and opening it to a specific page, Grace smirked, an idea, albeit probably a terrible one, popped into her head as she stared at a picture of the Kamar-Taj.

"Bingo." She whispered, snapping it shut and sneaking over to her window.

-----------------------

Grace stared at the shelves upon shelves of tomes, a grin stretching across her lips. Sneaking into the Kamar-Taj had been surprisingly easy, considering the master's had deemed her not ready to be a part of their world.

Waltzing around the room, Grace dragged her hand over the spines of the books, her ego growing with every second she stood in the sacred library. She sat down in a row of books, pretty chuffed with her escapade. Suddenly, her eyes drew to a tome that stuck out against the others, causing her to lift back onto her feet curiously, as if she was floating over toward it.

She lifted one hand, dragging it down the spine of the book and removing it from its place on the shelf, sighing at the weight in her hand. Opening it, Grace's eyes widened as she tried to read over the old language, only able to sypher a few words of each sentence.