Short Fuse: Sam Wilson x Reader

This one is kinda short but it's a little funny one to apologize for the one I posted yesterday hehe xox

YN was annoyed, and Sam knew it. He watched her slam drawers and kick shoes out of the way as she rampaged through the house. Sam had to hold back winces every time YN swore loudly or shouted at an inanimate object.

"Fuck you, you piece of shit remote!" Sam bit his tongue to stop a surprised laugh leaving his mouth. Sam had been home for three hours and YN had yet to approach him with the root of her anger. "Sam!" Finally, YN called out to her boyfriend, said boyfriend finding her face down on their bed.

"Yes, dear?" Sam stifled a laugh as YN rolled onto her back, her arms crossed over her chest. "What's wrong?" He finally asked, lying next to her and wiping a strand of her hair from her face. YN sighed, her arms uncrossing and flopping down next to her. She muttered something lowly, Sam unable to hear her. "What was that?" Sam asked, shaking his head with a chuckle.

"I went to lunch with the girls today." Sam frowned, nodding his head for her to continue. "And-" YN stopped, releasing an annoyed huff. "They asked me if I wanted a kid's menu, Sam!" Sam stared at her, his lip being sucked into his mouth to hold back a laugh. "A kid's menu! For kids under 15!"

"YN-" Sam started, clearing away the laughter in his throat.

"No, you don't get it!" YN cried, frustration evident on her face. "I had to give them three forms of I.D. just so I could get a drink! I'm 25, Sam!"

"YN, c'mon. It's not a big deal." Sam realized his mistake when YN's cold glare was directed at him. "Okay, I understand why you're frustrated. But it was probably an honest mistake."

YN sighed, shaking her head as she sat up on the bed. "I know." She mumbled. "It's just annoying."

"I know baby." Sam laughed, placing his palm on her cheek. "Hey, Tony's having drinks at the compound tonight, why don't we go for a little while. Cheer you up." YN screwed up her face, looking unsure. "They won't even ask you for I.D." YN's mouth popped open as Sam laughed, jumping from the bed as he ran away from his advancing girlfriend.

---------------------------------------

YN groaned, getting out of Sam's car reluctantly. "This was totally a bad idea, I just want to go home and watch The Real Housewives and drink a whole bottle of wine." Sam laughed, coming around the car to placing his hands on her shoulders.

"It will be fun, we don't have to stay for long." YN nodded, letting out a breath. She looked up into Sam's eyes, a gentle smile enveloping her face. "You are so beautiful, YN." YN blushed, lifting onto her toes to try and place a kiss to Sam's mouth. Sam laughed, bending his knees to hoist her into the air, pressing their lips together.

YN huffed when she was placed back on her feet, a small scowl on her face. "You know I hate it when you do that."

Sam rolled his eyes, lifting a brow. "Don't lie, I see that happy little smile on your lips." YN screwed up her nose, taking Sam's offered arm.

When they walked in, the atmosphere instantly lifted YN's spirits. YN really was a social butterfly, and Sam always saw past her hard shell to see a squishy, excited girl who just wanted to be treated as more than her height, even though Sam always found her grumpy front hilarious.

After getting some drinks, the couple sat on the sofa's with Steve and Tony, YN crossing her legs as she looked around the large room, smiling as she met familiar eyes.

"So, YN? How's your new job going?" YN's attention snapped to Tony as he addressed her, her lips tugging upwards.

"Good, thank you Tony." YN smiled, nodding her head. "The new office is a... strange change. Much more modern than I am used to." Tony chuckled, shaking his head.

"Well, I hear you've taken a lot of clients from your old place with you." YN nodded, pride swelling in her chest. "I'm happy for you." YN blushed, looking to Sam who was grinning at her.

YN stood to grab another drink, slipping past her friends and walking toward the bar. "Excuse me, miss." YN stopped, turning to the other man with a polite smile.

"Yes?" The security guard rubbed the back of his neck, awkwardly looking over her figure. "Can I help you?"

"Uh, I hate to ask. But do you have any identification on you?" YN's face slacked, her mouth popping open.

"Excuse me?" She gasped, stepping back. The security guard winced, nodding his head.

"I know you probably are over 21, but I will lose my job if I don't check your I.D." YN scoffed, shaking her head. The man squared his shoulders, crossing his arms. "Please, miss. I only need to scan it."

"You know what? No." The man deflated, letting out a sigh. "What are you going to do? Throw me out?"

Sam frowned as he watched YN take on a defensive pose as she spoke to a security guard. "Sam?" Steve asked, following his line of sight. "What's going on there?"

"I have a small inkling." Sam muttered, getting to his feet as the other's followed him. "Is there a problem here?" He asked, crossing his arms as he stood between the standoffish pair.

"I need to see her I.D." Sam swallowed down a cough.

"Why? She's 25." The security guard rolled his eyes.

"Look, I know it sounds ridiculous but she doesn't-" YN scoffed, ripping her I.D. from her purse and shoving it in the man's chest.

"You know what's ridiculous, the fact that I am clearly not a child, you ignorant buffoon." The guard sighed, scanning the I.D. and nodding, handing the card back. The large man walked off, leaving YN fuming by Sam's side. "That's it. I'm done, next time I'm just staying home."

"YN, c'mon. He was just doing his job." Sam tried, grabbing the woman's hand. Sighing, YN rested her head on Sam's chest, her body deflating.

"I know." She whispered. "I'm sick of being five foot not an inch." Sam laughed, the other's joining them with refilled drinks.

"C'mon, kiddo. We can go and get you some blocks to play with." YN turned on her heel, glaring at Tony as he grinned. "What? Too soon?"

"You have three seconds." Tony laughed loudly, placing down his drink as he hurried away from the fuming woman.

Sam pressed himself against YN's back, leaning down to kiss the base of her neck. "I like that you're small." YN stilled as Sam's breath tickled her neck, her stomach tensing. "Easy to toss about." YN swallowed, turning in her boyfriend's arms.

"Maybe you should take me home and show me how much you like it?" Sam grinned, pulling her close.

"Let's go."