I Got Over You: Sam Wilson x Reader (Part Two)

"Sam!" YN shouted, bending down to slide on her shoes. "Hurry it up, we're going to be late!"

"I'm coming, woman, damn!" YN rolled her eyes, standing back to her full height and stretching out her back. The man in question soon exited their bedroom, his long fingers messing with his tie.

"Quit fiddling, you're going to ruin it." Sam smirked down at her, leaning forward slightly.

"What? Like you did fifteen minutes ago?" YN giggled, lifting onto her toes to press a kiss to his mouth.

Pulling back, YN lifted her own hands to tighten the garment around her boyfriend's neck, the taller man staring down at her lovingly. "We better go," she murmured. "We can't be late. We were already late to the engagement party because you couldn't keep your hands to yourself."

Sam shushed her, biting back a grin. Grabbing her hand, the couple exited the apartment, making their way to Sam's vehicle. YN sat in the passenger seat, her hands resting in her lap until Sam scooped one into his own, resting it on the gearstick.

They drove toward the venue in comfortable silence, YN humming under her breath to the song drifting from the speakers. After a while, YN resorted to playing with Sam's fingers to pass the time, the man having to hide the smile on his lips to stop her from getting embarrassed.

"Do you think they chose the vanilla or the chocolate cake?" Sam eventually asked, breaking at least half hour of quiet.

"For the simple fact that it was me taste testing with Pepper, it's definitely going to be vanilla." YN giggled, winking at Sam. "One of the best working days of my life, just by the way."

"Really? I thought that would have been the day you met me?" YN laughed as Sam squeezed her hand, an equally happy look on both of their faces.

They walked into the venue hand in hand, greeting a few people they knew through work as they made their way to their seats for the ceremony. Tony was already at the front of the mostly empty pews, his hands fisted at his sides as Happy, Rhodey and Steve stood nearby talking amongst themselves.

YN caught his eye, raising it in a questioning manner. Tony gave her an SOS look, making YN clear her throat. "I'll be back in a moment." She whispered to Sam, who nodded softly, watching her hurry to Tony's side. "What is it?"

"We are going to need two extra seats at the reception." YN nodded, bringing her phone from her purse, internally rolling her eyes. "Steve sprung it on me this morning, I had no clue-"

"Tony, it's fine, no big deal." YN chuckled. "Being your assistant has been a 24/7 gig since the start, Tony, and after nearly a year of it, I'm used to it."

"No," Tony muttered, rubbing a hand over his face. "It's not about the extra seating, but who the extra seating is for."

"Yeah, I will need the names, for the planner to-"

"YN, it's Bucky." Stopping, YN swallowed thickly, her eyes widening. "Bucky and Agent Carter flew in last night from their mission. He asked if it was too late to RSVP, I should have said yes-"

"Tony, it's fine." YN stopped him, watching Tony work himself up. "This is your wedding, and it shouldn't be stressing you out." Tony nodded, his lips pressed into a firm line. "Let me sort it out with the planner, don't worry about any of it. Just think of how amazing Pepper is going to look coming down that aisle."

"This is why I haven't fired you, yet." YN grinned, nodding her head before quickly frowning.

"Wait... yet?" Tony laughed, shaking his head, making YN glare at him. "Real funny, Stark." She muttered, slipping back next to Sam with a smile. She quickly kissed his cheek before lifting her phone to her ear, wanting to get the phone call over with before other guests started arriving. "Hello, Sonya?"